2023年1月1日日曜日

Happy New Year! - by Stephanie Kelton - The Lens

 


Bloomberg Businessweek: Santa Shows and an Economic Look Ahead to 2023

2022/12/30

https://podcasts.apple.com/jp/podcast/santa-shows-and-an-economic-look-ahead-to-2023/id393107187?i=1000591627950


https://omny.fm/shows/bloomberg-businessweek/santa-shows-and-an-economic-look-ahead-to-2023


Ed Price, Principal for Geopolitical Forecasting at Ergo, previews the geopolitical risks to markets in 2023. Stephanie Kelton, Professor of economics and public policy at Stony Brook University, discusses what she expects from the Fed next year. Peter Atwater, Adjunct Professor of Economics at William & Mary shares his thoughts on the Global Economy. David Bahnsen, Chief Investment Officer at The Bahnsen Group talks about the Santa Claus rally that finally came. 

Hosts: Carol Massar, Tim Stenovec and Romaine Bostick.

See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.

is that not something that's a factor in I guess how we respond to these labor shortages. 

Gosh, that's like the if you could unlock that and solve the productivity problem it would deal with so many other challenges that we face and Economist for a long time. I said are the productivity measures that we look at are they reliable? 

I think more or less I mean, you know, there are problems that the work starting to question lots of data like job openings and how much you know, is this getting right or wrong but I think the productivity is more or less reliable. I think if we were doing more to invest in R&D in infrastructure in education, those are the kinds of things that Bruce long term productivity, of course, it takes time right productivity is not there's not an easy thing that you dial up to get productivity growth to to shoot higher, but we can We can certainly do things. 

We've got about a minute left here. We've talked about the i-word we've talked about the P where let's talk about the r word recession. How worried are you?

 I'm worried. I'm worried, you know meaning deeper wider longer. What are you worried about specifically? 

Well, okay. So just about 40 seconds. I sorry that the Stars might be aligning in such a way as to push us to a situation where recession becomes almost unavoidable. I hope it doesn't happen. I still touch and go it's touching go. I mean, is it a touch and go recession felt it gone. I would like to believe so but I that would not be my base case. I would like to think that the soft-ish landing is still you know, that they're they're still reasons to be hopeful about that. Look. I think that the thing that gives me a little bit of reason for optimism is really on the fiscal side, you know, we've got the bipartisan infrastructure package. We've got the the chips Bill and we've got the so-called inflation red Neck now that has the potential to add a lot of support to the economy. Just the right moment in the years ahead. So we'll see where we…

 all right Stephanie Kelton from Stony Brook University the author of the deficit myth. Thanks so much. All right, let's talk a little bit more about the


労働力不足にどう対応するかということの要因にはならないのでしょうか。


生産性の問題を解決できれば、私たちが直面している他の多くの課題に対処できるはずです。私たちが見ている生産性指標は信頼できるのでしょうか?


というのも、求人倍率のような多くのデータには疑問があり、これが正しいのか間違っているのかという問題がありますが、生産性は多かれ少なかれ信頼できると思うからです。もちろん、時間がかかりますが、正しい生産性とは、生産性上昇をより高くするためにダイヤルを回すような簡単なものではありません。


あと1分ほどです。私たちはi-wordについて話しましたが、Pについても話しましたが、r-wordのrecessionについて話しましょう。あなたはどの程度心配ですか?


 私は心配です。I'm worried, you know meaning deeper wider longer. 具体的にはどんなことが心配ですか?


そうですね、わかりました。じゃあ、40秒だけ 星が私たちを押し上げるような形で 整列しているのが残念です 退潮がほとんど避けられない状況に なっています そうならないことを祈ります。私はまだtouch and go it's touching go. つまり、タッチ・アンド・ゴーで不況は感じなくなったということだ。私はそう信じたいが、私はそれが私のベースケースではないでしょう。ソフトランディングはまだ続くと思いたい......つまり、まだ希望が持てる理由があるのです。見てください。財政面では、超党派のインフラ整備計画もあります。超党派のインフラ・パッケージがあり、チップ・ビルがあり、いわゆるインフレ・レッドネックがあり、これは景気を大きく下支えする可能性を秘めています。これからの数年間、ちょうどいいタイミングです。それで、私たちはどこまで......


 さて、ステファニー・ケルトン ストーニー・ブルック大学から 赤字神話の著者です。どうもありがとうございました さて、もう少し詳しくお話しましょう。



 ーーーーーーーーーー

Two experts discuss what happens to inflation in 2023

2022/12/30 CNBC

https://youtu.be/KngMpC9Hw3k


LET'S RUN THROUGH SOME OF THE QUESTIONS THAT WE'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HERE, ANDREW, I'LL START WITH YOU, DO YOU THINK INFLATION COMES DOWN AND IF IT DOES ARE WE GOING TO BE BACK AT THE LEVELS THAT IF FED IS LOOKING AT, 2% OR SO. 
>> WE HAVE TO RECEIVE POSITIVE NEWS IN THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS THAT SHOWS POTENTIALLY INFLATION IS PEAKING, IT'S UNCLEAR WHETHER OR NOT THIS REALLY IS THE PEAK, I THINK IT'S GOING TO TAKE SOME ADDITIONAL DATA POINTS TO CONFIRM THAT AND THE FED'S GOING TO HAVE TO BE INDIVIDUAL LANT ON MAKING SURE IT STAYS FOCUSED ON BRINGING THAT INFLATION RATE BACK DOWN. THE FED SAID VERY CLEARLY THEY WANT INFLATION BACK DOWN TO 2%, I THINK WE SHOULD BELIEVE THEM ON THAT. THIS FIGHT IS NOT OVER YET.
 >> WHAT'S THE STICKIEST POINT? GETTING INTO THE WAGES AT THIS POINT, ANDREW. 
>> A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY, FIRST OF ALL THE GEOPOLITICAL UNCERTAINTY MAKES MONETARY PO POPOLL AND GOING FORWARD COULD SUDDENLY CHANGE, YOU KNOW, YOUR LAST GUEST SAID WE'VE SEEN SOME POSITIVE CHANGES IN ENERGY PRICES BUT THAT COULD QUICKLY REVERSE. UNCERTAINTY FACING THE U.S. ECONOMY. THE FORECAST FOR ON THE FUTURE PATH OF INFLATION, AGAIN, I THINK WE'VE SEEN SOME POSITIVE DATA RECENTLY BUT I DON'T THINK WE'RE OUT OF THE WOODS YET.

>> STEPHANIE, HOW CONCERNED ARE YOU ABOUT INFLATION AND DECLINING ECONOMY AND JOB LOSSES.

>> THAT'S THE PRIMARY CONCERN, YOU KNOW FOR ME, BECKY, INFLATION HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE RELEVANT RISK, SO I'M ALWAYS CONCERNED ABOUT INFLATION, I THINK YOU KNOW WE'RE IN A SENSE SHIFTING GEARS RIGHT NOW AND I THINK MARKETS HAVE SHIFTED AND I THINK THE CONSENSUS IS MORE OR LESS THAT INFLATION HAS PEAKED THAT'S A MOSTLY A REARVIEW MIRROR PROBLEM NOT TO SAY AS ANDREW JUST LAID OUT THAT THERE'S NOT A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY AND SOME VOLATILITY AND ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN, BUT ALL SIGNS POINT TO DECELERATING INFLATION IN 2023 AND I THINK THE RELEVANT RISK HAS BECOME RECESSION RISK AND THAT'S WHAT MARKETS ARE MOSTLY CONCERNED ABOUT.
 >> LET ME ASK YOU, STEPHANIE, WE'VE BEEN TOSSING IT AROUND THE LAST WEEK OR TWO, THE IDEA OF INFLATION WORKING ITS WAY INTO WAGES AND BECAUSE THE LABOR MARKET IS SO TIGHT, EMPLOYERS NOT HAVING MUCH CHOICE, IT'S SUCH A WEIRD POSITION TO BE IN WHERE YOU'RE TRYING TO FIX THE STRENGTH AND DEMAND OF BREAKING THE MARKET BUT ALSO FACED WITH A TIGHT LABOR MARKET, WHAT DO YOU THINK? 
>> I THINK YOU USED THE RIGHT WORD, BECKY, WHEN YOU SAID IT'S WEIRD IT IS WEIRD. WHEN WE TALK ABOUT A TIGHT LABOR MARKET, A LABOR MARKET IN WHICH REAL WAGES ARE INCREASING THAT'S WHAT USUALLY HAPPENS IN A TIGHT LABOR MARKET BUT OF COURSE THAT'S NOT WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING SO THINGS ARE VERY STRANGE AND IT'S IN SOME SENSE A BIT WEIRD TO DESCRIBE THE LABOR MARKET AS TIGHT BUT YET WE KNOW THAT EMPLOYERS ARE STILL HAVING SOME TROUBLE FINDING WORKERS,

アンドリュー、まずはあなたから。インフレ率は下がると思いますか?もし下がるとしたら、FRBが考えている2%前後の水準に戻るのでしょうか?
>> インフレがピークに達している可能性を示すポジティブなニュースがここ数カ月で入ってきていますが、これが本当にピークなのかどうかは不明です。それを確認するためには、さらにいくつかのデータポイントが必要になると思いますし、Fedはインフレ率を引き下げることに集中し続けることを確認するために、個別の努力をしなければならないでしょう。FRBははっきりと、インフレ率を2%に戻したいと言っているのですから、それを信じるべきだと思います。この戦いはまだ終わっていないのです。
 >> 最も困難な点は何でしょうか?この時点で賃金の話になりますが、アンドリュー。
>> まず、地政学的な不確実性が金融を不安定にさせ、今後、突然変わる可能性があります。米国経済が直面する不確実性。また、インフレの将来の経路についての予測は、最近、いくつかの肯定的なデータを見ていると思いますが、私は、我々はまだ森から抜け出していないと思います。

>> ステファニーさん、インフレと経済の衰退、雇用の喪失についてどのように懸念していますか。

>> 私にとっては、インフレが常に関連するリスクでしたから、常にインフレを懸念しています。しかし、ある意味で、私たちは今、ギアをシフトしており、市場はシフトしていると思います。しかし、すべての兆候は2023年にインフレが減速することを示しており、私は関連するリスクは景気後退のリスクになっていると思いますし、それは市場が主に懸念していることです。

 >> この1~2週間、インフレが賃金に影響を及ぼすという考えについて議論してきましたが、労働市場が非常にタイトであるため、雇用主はあまり選択肢がなく、市場を破壊する強さと需要を調整しようとする一方で、労働市場のタイトさに直面するという奇妙な状況にあります。

>> ベッキー、あなたが「奇妙だ」と言ったのは正しい表現だと思いますし、実際奇妙です。労働市場が逼迫しているというのは、実質賃金が上昇しているということで、通常は逼迫した労働市場で起こることですが、もちろんそうはなっていません。

Happy New Year! - by Stephanie Kelton - The Lens

Happy New Year!

Stephanie Kelton 2 min ago 3

Happy New Year and thank you for subscribing to The Lens. It’s truly an honor to share this forum with you. I look forward to delivering a lot more content in the new year as this becomes the primary outlet for my research and writing. 

I also hope you’ll consider using Substack’s new Chat feature to interact with me. 

In addition to writing for you here at The Lens, I’m working on a new book. As a subscriber, you’ll get to read bits and pieces of the manuscript (and share your feedback) along the way. It’s a journey we can take together!

Looking ahead, inflation appears to be receding into the rearview mirror as the risk of recession becomes the dominant economic concern in 2023. The big worry is that the Fed will go too far (many believe it already has), hiking another 75 basis points or so, even as the incoming economic data suggest that the battle against inflation has already been won. There is deflation in core goods, the housing market is rolling over, and core services ex-housing is decelerating nicely. Inflation expectations (for those who worry about such thingsshow no sign of becoming “unanchored” and there is no evidence of a wage-price spiral taking hold. Here’s a nice look at where we are from the Roosevelt Institute’s Mike Konczal

I had the chance to talk about inflation and the economic outlook for 2023 on Bloomberg TV and CNBC’s Squawk Box last week.

With your continued interest, I’ll do my best to make sense of the economy in the new year. 

明けましておめでとうございます!明けましておめでとうございます!

明けましておめでとうございます。The Lensを購読していただきありがとうございます。このフォーラムをあなたと共有できることを本当に光栄に思います。これが私の研究と執筆の主要な出口になるので、私は新年にもっと多くのコンテンツを提供することを楽しみにしています。

また、Substackの新しいチャット機能を使用して私とやり取りすることを検討してください。

ザ・レンズ
新しい購読者チャットに参加する
今日、私はSubstackの出版物に真新しい追加を発表しました:The Lensの購読者チャット。これは、購読者専用に設定したSubstackアプリの会話スペースで、グループチャットやライブハングアウトのようなものです。私は私の方法で来る短いプロンプト、考え、および更新を投稿し、あなたは議論に飛び込むことができます...
もっと読む

ここThe Lensであなたのために書くことに加えて、私は新しい本に取り組んでいます。購読者として、あなたは途中で原稿の断片を読むことができます(そしてあなたのフィードバックを共有します)。それは私たちが一緒に取ることができる旅です!

将来を見据えて、不況のリスクが2023年に主要な経済的懸念になるにつれて、インフレはバックミラーに後退しているようです。大きな懸念は、入ってくる経済データがインフレとの戦いがすでに勝利したことを示唆しているにもかかわらず、FRBが行き過ぎて(多くの人はすでに持っていると信じている)、さらに75ベーシスポイントをハイキングすることです。コア商品にはデフレがあり、住宅市場は転がり、元ハウジングのコアサービスはうまく減速しています。インフレ期待(そのようなことを心配する人のために)は「固定されていない」兆候示さず賃金価格スパイラルが定着している証拠もありません。ルーズベルト研究所のマイク・コンツァルから私たちがどこにいるかを見てみましょう

先週Bloomberg TVCNBCSquawk Boxで2023年のインフレ経済見通しについて話す機会がありました




US STOCKS CLIMB IN RELIEF RALLY


…最善を尽くします。


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿