2021年2月24日水曜日

マブゼ字幕



247:52
Dr Mabuse, I demand that you not put up any resistance towards the police,
247:58
and that you surrender!
248:05
I feel like a state inside of a state with which I've always been at war!
248:11
If you want to get hold of me, - come get me!

スピノザ エチカ

 感情の起源および本性について

       序  言

 感情ならびに人間の生活法について記述した大抵の人々は、共通した自然の法則に従う自然物について論じているのではなくて、自然の外にある物について論じているように見える。実に彼らは自然の中の人間を国家の中の国家のごとく考えているように思われる。なぜなら彼らは、人間が自然の秩序に従うよりもむしろこれを乱し、また人間が自己の行動に対して絶対の能力を有して自分自身以外の何ものからも決定されない、と信じているからである。それから彼らは、人間の無能力および無常の原因を、共通の自然力には帰さないで、人間本性の欠陥〜〜どんな欠陥のことか私は知らない〜〜に帰して

PART III. ON THE ORIGIN AND NATURE OF THE EMOTIONS Most writers on the emotions and on human conduct seem to be treating rather of matters outside nature than of natural phenomena following nature's general laws. They appear to conceive man to be situated in nature as a kingdom within a kingdom: for they believe that he disturbs rather than follows nature's order, that he has absolute

_
The restoration was carried out in 2000 by the Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau Foundation in Wiesbaden, based on the camera negative for distribution in Germany and an export negative from the Bundesarchiv-Filmarchiv in Berlin. This version follows a reconstruction by the Filmmuseum München from 1991. The intertitles were taken from the negatives. Missing, faulty or damaged titles were revised and restored with the help of the censor records. The comparison and copying was carried out by L'Immagine Ritrovata in Bologna. The master negative of this edit was used for the 2K digital version. DR MABUSE, THE GAMBLER. After the novel published in the Berliner Illustrierten Zeitung by Norbert Jacques. Scenario: Thea von Harbou. Direction: Fritz Lang. Collaborators: Production Design: Otto Hunte and Stahl-Urach. Director of Photography: Carl Hoffmann. The wardrobes of the principal actresses were designed by Vally Reinecke in the fashion studios of Flatow-Schédler and Mossner. The principal cast and their support: Dr Mabuse: Rudolf Klein-Rogge Cara Carozza, the Dancer: Aud Egede Nissen Countess Dusy Told: Gertrude Welker Count Told: Alfred Abel State Prosecutor von Wenk: Bernhard Goetzke Edgar Hull: Paul Richter Spoerri: Robert Forster-Larrinaga Georg: Hans Adalbert von Schlettow Pesch: Georg John Hawasch: Karl Huszar Fine: Grete Berger Karsten: Julius Falkenstein The Russian: Lydia Potechina Emil Schramm: Julius Herrmann PART ONE: THE GREAT GAMBLER. AN IMAGE OF THE TIME. FIRST ACT. How he spends his days... You've taken cocaine again, Spoerri! You know I don't tolerate that! If I see you in this state one more time, I'll drive you out like a dog! If you drive me out... then I'll put a bullet through my head - ! COMMERCIAL CONTRACT 1kg platinum for 3 million Salvarsan, 160,000 bales of cotton for the 1st of March to France via Switzerland, notified... Banknotes, Spoerri...! You're late again by 10 minutes... You're not to be late when you're in my service... You'd better be careful, Pesch - ! Calm yourself, sir; you may travel on with my car. Make sure that the special announcements burst into the stock exchange at just the right moment. Half an hour later, the briefcase with the contracts must be "discovered". Is that understood? I'm not doing this anymore - running around at 200km! It's modern cannibalism! Why not go your own way then, my boy? Yes, yes, dear friend... if only there were no elimination committee - what?! You've only just bothered getting home, you filthy pig - ? Blind - ! For as long as the European currencies keep falling, only make dollar notes! The special announcement. Special Announcement. Courier Robbed! Important Secret Contracts Stolen! The Dutch courier that was supposed to bring the secret trade contract between Holland and Switzerland to Geneva was discovered in the non-stop train robbed and dazed. The briefcase containing the secret contract is missing. There is no clue as to the whereabouts of the person responsible. It's feared that Switzerland may step back from the contract should the contents become public knowledge - which would result in the Dutch coffee and cocoa concerns directly involved in the contract virtually facing disaster. Sternberg sells - !? Then there's something fishy about all of this! Bear-market! !! I buy - ! Special Announcement. Courier Robbed! Important Secret Contracts Stolen! The Dutch courier that was supposed to bring the secret trade contract between Holland and Switzerland to Geneva was discovered in the non-stop train robbed and dazed. The briefcase containing the secret contract is missing. There is no clue as to the whereabouts of the person responsible. It's feared that Switzerland may step back from the contract should the contents become public knowledge - which would result in the Dutch coffee and cocoa concerns directly involved in the contract virtually facing disaster. The briefcase with the Dutch-Swiss trade contract - has been found by a rail attendant! The secret contract... The contract has been delivered unscathed to the Swiss Consulate!!! Swiss secret contract delivered unscathed to consulate. No reason whatsoever to panic. Details to follow. Bull-market!!! I sell - ! Market close - !! END OF THE FIRST ACT. 

SECOND ACT. How he spends his nights... Philharmonic: Scientif. Lectures: Series IV Today: 3rd Lecture by Psychoanalyst Professor Dr Mabuse: Psychoanalysis as a Factor of Modern Medicine Beginning of lecture: 8 o'clock. Guests are welcome. Association for Psychoanalytical Research. If I succeed in establishing contact between physician and patient in a way that fully excludes third-party interference, I'll be of the firm conviction that, in the future, 80% of all nervous disorders can be healed through psychoanalysis... Once your tumultuous applause has come to a halt, allow me, ladies and gentlemen, to announce the sensation of the Folies Bergéres: Miss Cara Carozza - !!! There's been a box reserved for me by the Hotel Excelsior. Box 3, Seat 2 - Edgar Hull, only son of the industrialist Paul Hull - 90 million - member of the "17 + 4" Club. Don't mind me, kids, I'm going home! I can't take this headache any longer! Good evening, Mr Hull! You don't know me - ?! Come now! You do know me, Mr Hull -! You wanted to go into the club, Mr Hull - ? May I join you - ? The "17 Plus 4" Club... Hotel Excelsior Room 111 reserved for you. You'll find further instructions there. Hull is losing like mad... One Mr Balling holds the bank. ...the gentleman plays with the cards provided by the club itself... I would recommend, Mr Hull, that you stop playing for today... Allow me to express my embarrassment as a guest of your club for Mr Hull's situation, and permit me to hold the bank for a few more rounds! Gentlemen, it is five o'clock... I think it's time to finish... I've lost again... You'll have to be content until tomorrow afternoon with 20,000 marks and a promissory note of 150,000 marks. Might I ask your address? I gambled... I lost... to whom, by the way - ? To your friend! ! Friend? - What friend!? - That was the first time I saw the man! Who brought him into the club, anyway - ? I think you've had too much to drink, Hull! First you play va banque despite your bad luck, and at the end you claim not even to know the man you yourself brought along - !! You play va banque... hold the best cards in your hand - and throw them away??! What's happening to me - ?! END OF THE SECOND ACT. 

THIRD ACT. Excuse me, I must have taken the wrong door... I wanted Room 112... So Mr Balling gave me a false room number. My name is Balling... Hugo Balling... Did you write this - ? Then I don't owe you 150,000 marks from gambling, either? The room next door. What you can't load off onto a man - load off onto a woman! 9th November - Thursday 27th November - Monday State Prosecutor von Wenk Medias in res, Mr Hull: I've come to inform you that from today forward you're under the direct protection of the police! For about six weeks, the authorities have been receiving complaints concerning malicious gamblers. In none of these cases could cheating be proved. But their luck at cards is so unbelievable that it's impossible for things here to be on the up-and-up... It's always someone different... one time, a young gent; one time, an honourable bourgeois; today, a blond American; tomorrow, a dark-haired Russian... always someone different... Maybe - it's one person as well... Your experience with this mysterious Mr Bailing, which Karsten told me about, caused me to turn to you with the request for your support. We don't know why "Mr Balling" has, for now, renounced his 150,000 marks. Perhaps a precautionary measure - or maybe just a whim. Am I really no more to you - than just a means to the end...? You were supposed to be with Hull for ten minutes already! I am convinced he'll present you with your promissory note just when you expect it the least - at which point you should bring me a lead! One more thing, Mr Hull: I might request that you handle my visit as a strictly private matter, as far as anyone else is concerned... State Prosecutor von Wenk Here shee cahms - !!! State Prosecutor von Wenk What have you got of late for keeping dangerous acquaintances? State Prosecutor von Wenk He'd like me to introduce him into a few gambling clubs. Gardi, don't do anything stupid! Don't get us into a pickle with your state prosecutor! Emil Schramm, the proprietor... (Trade has a golden bottom!) It will be a pleasure for me to introduce you, but you'll have to do it without using your name - which nobody knows... In gamblers' circles, they call her "the Inactive One," as she herself never gambles. Most gracious madame, permit me to introduce you to Mr von Wenk - the most enchanted admirer of your beauty... Gentlemen, who shall take over the bank? How does a woman like you come into this kind of company? - Among racketeers, gamblers and prostitutes?... We have weary blood, Mr von Wenk! We need sensations of an altogether peculiar kind to be able to endure life! In any case, why aren't you playing? I prefer to observe the passions brought on by the game in the faces of others, without getting in too close contact with the players... Will you take - ? Cost 50,000 dollars at Tiffany in New York - ! Against the bank - !!! Will you take - ? A four... You want to do character-studies? Then look at the Russian... When she loses, she's marvellous! I only had a 3... I wanted to buy - but I couldn't! - He looked at me with his evil eyes, - like a devil!!! Yes... he had evil eyes - like a beast of prey.. At the game, no-one looks like a saint!! If you're as much a gentleman as I take you to be, then provide me the opportunity to leave the room unnoticed immediately! What is that supposed to meanl? Is a Mr Hull here? Edgar Hull - Acknowledge to Mr Bailing 150,000 marks - hundred-fifty-thousand. To be paid until 21st November, 4 o'clock. E. Hull. You are warned! It is my business alone that I do not collect the 150,000 marks. A GAMBLE IS A GAMBLE! A matter between you and me, and no business of any state prosecutor! END OF THE THIRD ACT. 

FOURTH ACT. The next morning. You were sitting next to him - and you didn't recognise him!! Don't you seel? Who Schramm's young blond man is...?? Your "Mr Balling", your distinguished old gentleman! We're doing everything to protect you. But don't make a move without notifying me... One more thing, Mr Hull: don't be too confiding in Miss Cara Carozza... Dear Hull, even the most charming woman makes a poor keeper of interesting secrets! State Prosecutor von Wenk Masked as a gambling-mad racketeer in the secret gambling clubs, I'm going to try to lure the "mystery man" onto my trail - and you should assist me in this! Please go to Carozza immediately and get me a list of the secret gambling clubs, which I'll then visit each evening! Very dear Mr von Wenk! As I take it I have to explain some things to you, and as I do not want you to take me for a woman seeking trivial adventures in gambling clubs, I would like to ask you to take tea with me this afternoon at my house at five o'clock. Respectfully yours, Dusy Countess Told Please don't hold me responsible for what you see here, Mr von Wenk! It's my husband's hobbyhorse! Hhank you... You spared me an awkward dispute - and spared my husband the bitter discovery that his wife seeks respite in nightclubs and gambling dens from the dead atmosphere of his home. I need life, the strong breath of the unusual - sensation - adventure... but I'm afraid all of that is extinct...! You're incorrect, Countess... There's still adventure - and I am, at the moment, in the middle of one of the most interesting sorts! Would you care to take part in this with me? The man, the enemy I'm persecuting... I don't know who he is... I only know that he's there. I want to warn you... For the first time in my life, I'm really worried about you...! Watch out for Wenk - ! Bring me convincing proof of the existence of your "mystery man", and I'll prepare to become your ally in the fight against him! You gamble with money, - with people, - with destinies... And, most harrowingly, with yourself...! Good luck! -Karsten The third evening... Fashion Shop / Password: Blue Fox Wine Tavern / Password: Smuggle Café / Password: Marble Palais Andalusia / Password: Pineapple Bar / Password: Venus Café / Password: Cherry Dancehall / Password: Ace Hearts Pineapple... Cocaine or cards - ? Cards... Those are Chinese glasses, aren't they... Yes, - from TSI-NAN-FU - !! Your take - !!! Your take - !!! N0-! YOUR TAKE!!! No-!!! Wasn't that the gentleman from Room 340...? No, sir! It was the Dutch professor from Room 321. I'd like to speak to the manager! Who lives in 321. He lives by himself? How can it be, then, that... Please call your hotel detective! Taken off... Who's left the hotel in the last ten minutes? Only the office manager! Me? - I was holed up in the office till now! I think you can feel free to let Room 321 to someone else! END OF THE FOURTH ACT. 

FIFTH ACT. Coming to... I summoned Hawasch and Spoerri to be here at six o'clock... Why aren't they here yet - !? This goes back to the state prosecutor.. I'm no vulture...! State Prosecutor NORBERT VON WENK is authorised to carry out arrests at any time, and to request any assistance from the police and from government representatives, state authorities, and public transport clerks. His orders must be strictly obeyed. - Wogenbruch Get Carozza in here - ! Well, you can congratulate yourselves... Wine Tavern / Password: Smuggle Café / Password: Marble Palais Andalusia / Password: Pineapple You bloodhound, you goddamned bloodhound! You still want to rebel, you scoundrel - ?! What do I pay you for if at the first opportunity you wilt like a flower and let the state prosecutor escape...?!?! We have to get rid of Hull -! And above all - Wenk - ! Georg will do it... both of you will help... Carozza will set it up...! State prosecutor, sir, half an hour ago a chauffeur brought a parcel for you! I just dropped in for a moment, Gardi, to tell you that a fabulous new spot will be opening tonight. We really have to go there! Tonight, opening of the Petit Casino, Haydn-Strasse ll, password: Mirabeau. Be there punctually at ll o'clock with Hull. Make sure that Wenk is not with you! - B. Tonight, opening of the Petit Casino, Haydn-Strasse ll, password: Mirabeau. Be there punctually at ll o'clock with Hull. Make sure that Wenk is not with you! -B. Thursday, Police HQ, Monday, Lecture Haydnstrasse ll Anyway go there with Carozza, but behave as innocently as possible so she doesn't suspect anything. There won't be any danger on your part, - I'll be there for you! The countess is very sorry that she cannot receive the state prosecutor, but the master and mistress are invited to a spiritualist sitting this evening... Haydnstrasse 11... You seem to have the "Open sesame!" for all secret doors, Mr State Prosecutor! Ladies and gentlemen! I have the honour and the great pleasure to officially open the Petit Casino in your highly esteemed presence! The Petit Casino has taken on the task of meeting even your most demanding requirements in every respect. Here in our highly modern environment and attire, you should feel returned to the golden age, where there was only one motto: "Whatever pleases you is permitted!"... The other world... Most gracious countess, you shall be rewarded for your patience with an extraordinarily interesting acquaintance! To begin our séance we only await the appearance of one of our best-known psychoanalysts, who is very interested in the occult sciences! Ladies and gentlemen! I have now acquainted you with the invaluable inner and outer amenities of the Petit Casino... But what will happen should the police seek to interfere with our private matters and disrupt the game - ??? In that instance... She accomplishes absolutely nothing! Now, ladies and gentlemen, you're familiar with everything... Let the games begin! There's a strange element among us! I'm afraid, ladies and gentlemen, the troublemaker is me! Don't let me disturb you, ladies and gentlemen, it will be a great pleasure for me to keep the countess company! Why shouldn't the table move? - Discretion is the better part of valour - ! I'm afraid there's absolutely nothing in the world that could hold my interest for any amount of time... Everything you can see from the car, the theatre box, the window is on one hand repulsive, on another uninteresting... At the very least it's boring! You're right, countess - nothing in the world is interesting for any amount of time! - Except for one thing... Gambling with people and people's fates! Take care that Carozza doesn't realise I'm leaving, - I'll phone the next police station and have the whole party arrested. But under no circumstance should you leave Hull unattended! I've asked Dr Mabuse to do us the pleasure of joining us on Thursday evening... Where could Wenk be? Kids, the whole matter's getting uncomfortable! Eventually that state prosecutor will put the police at our throats, and we'll be in quite a jam! The cars are parked in the side street... The woman...! Arrest the woman - !! END OF THE FIFTH ACT. 

SIXTH ACT. Should we do something to free Carozza? What do I care now about Carozza?! She'd be better looking out for herself! You don't know how much you're putting at stake, state prosecutor sir, by keeping me locked up! I give you one more week for Wenk in which you can work in complete safety, - but not a minute longer... I want him gone - !!! Would it be terribly rude if I... tell this Dr Mabuse not to come...? I can't really explain it! I know neither why I invited him, nor why I'd like to renounce the invitation... I... State Prosecutor von Wenk wishes to know whether the countess will receive him! In one hour I wish to have an exact plan of the Told's estate in my hands. You assured me recently of your assistance, - I'm here today to take you up on the offer. The woman... That woman... - ! You must voluntarily let us take you to prison with Carozza, as though you too had been arrested in a gambling club, - and I'm convinced you'll succeed where we men failed: in getting Carozza to open her mouth! Consider the fact that we're going to get on the trail of one of the most dangerous criminals of all time, and that you'd therefore practically be fulfilling an ethical duty! What - ?!! He's in the round room? Where Carozza was living - ?! This room must be readied immediately, Spoerri! This evening, then - at police headquarters! That evening... Miss Carozza, - what a coincidence!!! Just imagine - I was arrested! At Schramm's! Then they dragged me over here. I'm embarrassed, - I'm beside myself - ! What am I doing here - ? Excellent question! - Are you voluntarily here, perhaps - !?! I heard you were mentioned in connection with that gruesome murder! Ridiculous - ! How can someone think of anything so absurd?! Did you happen to be in the vicinity when the murder occurred...?! Aren't you at all ashamed - ? The state prosecutor is stumped! And now he hopes to get some help from me - ! From me, someone more pitiful and alone than a stray dog - ! He didn't leave you of his own free will, though... He's dead, when it comes right down to it...! Who - is dead - ??! What should he die of? He can only destroy himself... Of whom - are you speaking? Who he is - nobody knows! He's here! He's alive! He lives above the city - big as a tower - He's damnation and salvation! He's the greatest man alive! And he loved me! Does that exist in the world? And now ask yourself what in the world could compel me to betray this singular man to you pitiful creatures - !!! Forgive me, Miss Carozza... I didn't know... that you love him... Dearest Mr von Wenk! When I agreed to rat out Carozza in prison under false pretences I believed I was finding the paid lackey of a terrible criminal. But what I ended up finding was a loving woman whose simple and unquestioning feelings made me ashamed for acting in such a miserable and calculating manner. I am not a suitable ally for you. Forgive me if I am compelled to disappoint you - - yours, Dusy Countess Told The great game... How do you stand on Expressionism, Doctor? Expressionism is just playing-about... But why not play about? - Everything's just playing-about these days - ! As everything's just playing-about, doctor, I hope you don't mind if we head over to the poker-table just now... Your husband has some luck with gambling! Curious.. My husband usually never gambles...! I learned about something which I never thought existed in the world, - and which seems to me more valuable, and poignant, than even the strongest sensation...! Love... There's no love, - there's only desire! - There's no luck, - there's only the will to power! Told's got downright unbelievable luck - ! Should I give you proof of the power of the will? Cheater - !! All mine - !!! END OF PART ONE. 

PART TWO: INFERNO. 
A GAME OF PEOPLE OF OUR TIME. 

PRELUDE.

 Dr Mabuse, the great gambler of people and destinies, makes an attempt on the life of his persecutor, State Prosecutor von Wen k, using the dancer Cara Carozza - but it is young Hull who falls victim. Carozza is arrested. By the power of his will, Dr Mabuse forces Count Told to cheat whilst gambling, and kidnaps Countess Told, whom he loves. People who cannot sleep... Dearest Mr von Wenk! When I agreed to rat out Carozza in prison under false pretences I believed I was finding the paid lackey of a terrible criminal. But what I ended up finding was a loving woman whose simple and unquestioning feelings made me ashamed for acting in such a miserable and calculating manner. I am not a suitable ally for you. Forgive me if I am compelled to disappoint you - - yours, Dusy Countess Told The sleeping woman... I am not a suitable ally for you. Forgive me if I am compelled to disappoint you - - yours, Dusy Countess Told Only now shall the world learn who I am, - I! Mabuse! - I want to become a giant, - a titan, whirling laws and gods about like withered leaves! Don't you want to tell me, Count Told, what happened to you? I cheated...! I cheated...! Yes - ! But I really didn't want to! Something came over me! Something stronger than me forced me to do it! I, a person who usually doesn't even touch cards, I had so much luck at the game that it was simply appalling! I threw the cards down and won! Had you known all of your guests personally for a long time? Everyone, - save one - who was invited by my wife... the psychoanalyst Dr Mabuse... But he didn't play with us. Cheater - !! My wife has left me... She probably drove to her mother... because she no longer wants anything to do with a cheat... Don't you know of any doctor at all you trust? An experienced psychiatrist with whom you could speak about your case? Dr Mabuse...? If I turned to Dr Mabuse? Your efforts are in vain, countess. This door only opens if / want it to! Count Told is on the phone! Doctor, you were present when the incident during the game happened... I need your professional assistance. When can I come to see you? I only do treatments in the patient's home! Expect me tomorrow morning at 11 o'clock! END OF THE FIRST ACT. 

SECOND ACT. Get yourself ready! You're to be transferred to the women's prison! The eleventh hour... Your case interests me, - I'll treat you. - But only under certain conditions! You will not leave the house, not receive anyone, not speak to anyone for as long as you'll be treated by me. You mustn't see anyone who reminds you of your former life! From today onward, I'm no longer available in person nor by telephone. Tell anyone that asks for me or the countess that we're away indefinitely! Please connect me to Count Told. The countess is not with her mother! Sorry, the master and mistress are out of town! Sorry, state prosecutor sir, the master and mistress departed this morning! My brother sent one of his colleagues to tell us that Carozza has been transferred to the women's prison. She's in cell 194, main building, 2nd floor. The blind... If by some goddamn chance they catch on to me, I'll escape through this corridor. - And I'd like to see the man who opens the trapdoor without the key! From below, a touch of your thumb is enough to lift the door! Dress accordingly and report back to me! You'll take on a new duty in my house! Captivity... Watch out! My sudden disappearance can't stay unnoticed. My husband, my friends will be looking for me... Your friends - ?! Maybe you mean State Prosecutor von Wank? If the state prosecutor doesn't get here very soon, then he won't have any more time to free you! And my husband - ? Your husband is being treated by me! Take care not to speak to your husband! Take care, too, not even to think about him! You're pronouncing your death sentence if you speak his name in my presence! Hurry up, for Christ's sake! I should have been at the women's prison for a long time already! You've got only yourself to blame for your situation, Miss Carozza. Why are you in such persistent denial? If, in the end, you decide to help us solve Hull's murder, I could obtain many privileges for you! You're sacrificing yourself for a villain who just betrays you - and you're sacrificing yourself for nothing, - because we're already onto him! He's stronger than all of you! He annihilates whomever he wants! He'll annihilate you too if you stand in his way! I'm here to check the electrical installation... The man for whose sake you're here has thrown you away like a squeezed fruit! He knows perfectly well that it's your head that will roll - and doesn't lift a finger to save you... ...and who can give you the guarantee that there's not already another woman triumphing over you in his heart? Give me two days' time...! Numbskull - !! I've gotta get a ladder! When's Wenk getting back? At five... Wenk broke Carozza down... We can't rely on her anymore, as she might squeal... Then dispose with her - ! This costs you your head, my boy! Who gave you your orders? From him - ?! But - Why - ? I haven't even - done anything to him - ?! I'll try an experiment... I'll confront him with Carozza. Maybe one of them will betray themselves - or even them both... You...? END OF THE SECOND ACT. 

THIRD ACT. The confrontation... He's done her in - !! Who - ?! Who - ?! the name - the name - !! No, no, no. - '- I'm not saying a single word - ! Otherwise I'll end up like her - ! This man must be transferred to police headquarters with double the usual guard and all possible security measures! Take different routes than usual! Avoid busy streets! I expect an immediate report! And even if I have to cross-examine you for the next 48 hours, my boy, - I'll get the name out of you! You can count on it! Johannes Gutter's been arrested! He's been brought to police headquarters!! All his life Johannes Gutter has fought for our just cause! That's why they plucked him right out from under us! Can we tolerate this?! We won't let him down! We shall free him! They're not taking the usual route! They're going through Millernstrasse! Hand Johannes Gutter over to us!!! Be sensible, people! The prisoner we're transporting is not Johannes Gutter! You can see for yourself that this isn't Gutter. But then be sensible and go on your way! Where are the people with the prisoner?! Since the incident with Carozza I can't have one quiet minute until I know the bloke's in your care! Carozza was searched most carefully at her committal. So then where did she get the poison?! The mystery man must have his accomplices even in the women's prison! We weren't able to go any further on Millernstrasse! The devil knows who stirred those people up... Wake up the countess and tell her I wish to speak with her... I zaw de man for de first time in my life! No-one-of-us did know him! But as he had sahtch a beeg mouth... - You wish to speak with me?! This game between you and me has to come to an end... One way - or another! I'm no longer the man I used to be. I'm making mistakes... I'm losing my nerves... I have the intention of leaving this town and this country, countess, and I come to ask whether you want to accompany me! I want you to be mine! And I'll mercilessly annihilate any obstacle to come between you and me! For the last time, countess: do you follow me voluntarily - or as a prisoner -? Never, do you hear me? - Never! I want to see my husband! You have just pronounced your husband's death sentence... Ghosts of the night... Daytime... Dr Mabuse! Your condition has worsened... You're sicker than ever! Do you know that your wife has the intention of taking you to the madhouse? Your wife has left you... - for good! Your existence is wiped out... You can't live any longer... Can't live any longer- ! ! Can't live any longer!!! The count must now be left completely alone... Any disturbance could lead to a catastrophe! Can't live any longer! With the razor blade - ! END OF THE THIRD ACT. 

FOURTH ACT. Where is the countess? I haven't seen anything of the countess since that unfortunate night of gambling! Then why did you tell me on the telephone that the master and mistress had gone away? It was done by the order of the count... ...if I may tell you my opinion, state prosecutor sir, I'd say that the count's condition only became quite dire once Dr Mabuse started his treatment. Since we're leaving the country tomorrow, countess, I'd like to introduce you to the people that will have the honour of being at your personal service! I wish to go back to my husband! Your husband is dead - ! If you're a human being... if there's still any human emotion inside of you... then let me see my husband! I will personally call upon Dr Mabuse. Do you know his address? I'm very sorry, but the doctor's gone out! Nothing new, state prosecutor! Allow me to introduce myself: Dr Mabuse! Strange how our intentions have coincided, doctor! I just came back from your residence. I wanted to inform you of the suicide of your patient, Count Told! And I came to see you in your position as state prosecutor, Mr von Wen k, as I hoped to prevent this tragic end with your assistance! The Told case is so strange, from the very beginning to the end, that I came to the conclusion that Count Told, when he cheated, as well as when he committed suicide, acted under the influence of a superior, hostile will! Are you familiar with Weltmann's experiments? Experimental Evening with Sandor Weltmann Experiments with mass suggestion, waking hypnosis, trance, natural magnetism, secrets of the Indian fakirs. The secrets of the inner life. The subconscious in humans and animals! In the large auditorium of the Philharmonic. 8 o'clock. There you can see with your own eyes that Weltmann is able to use his unbelievable suggestive power to force people to do things that are in an absolute conflict with their nature, - and he prefers to demonstrate this ability with persons that try to resist his influence... And you think that Count Told became the victim of just such a superior influence of an unknown enemy? You've awakened my interest, doctor, - I'll follow your advice! May I ask you one last question, doctor: Do you know where we can find Countess Told? How could you let the gentleman into my office without notifying me? Is there no relying on you anymore either?! Well... how did we get to this anyway?! As soon as you see Wenk coming, you start the engine and clear the way for him. Then you get back here as quickly as possible! This time none of the state prosecutor's bodyguards will be able to save him! I'm not sure whether Sandor Weltmann himself is the wire-puller of all this. In any case, we're dealing with an opponent of whom we must expect the unexpected. This means you'll have to act on your own initiative... END OF THE FOURTH ACT. 

FIFTH ACT. Experimental Evening with Sandor Weltmann Experiments with mass suggestion, waking hypnosis, trance, natural magnetism, secrets of the Indian fakirs. The secrets of the inner life. The subconscious in humans and animals! In the large auditorium of the Philharmonic. 8 o'clock. Ladies and gentlemen! I'd like to demonstrate for you now an instance of typical mass suggestion similar to that at the basis of the tricks of the Indian fakirs. I request that you call out two two-digit numbers! So: 64 and 12. If the holders of the corresponding seats agree to take part in my experiment, I'd like to ask them to stand up! Seat no. 12 is empty! Perhaps if the gentleman in no. 11 would be so kind... In your inside right pocket you've got two thousand-mark-notes, 1918 edition, series D no. 65045 and series E no. 5567, a firearms license, an authorisation; in the inside left pocket, a Browning - is that right? I ask you to read what's written on the sheet! The lady of no. 64 shall take the Browning out of the inside left pocket of the gentleman of no. 11, and give it to the gentleman of no. 5! Would the gentleman of no. 11 be so kind to assist me with another experiment? Then I ask you, and some other ladies and gentlemen, to come to me onto the stage! A new endeavour, ladies and gentlemen! This gentleman will be so kind to read what I've written down in this sealed envelope. Doctor... Doctor Ma - ! Do what I have written down for you! You lead the lady to her seat, leave the auditorium, and get into car no. 3825 parked in front of the door and drive at full throttle over the Bergstrasse into the Melior quarry! The note reads: lead the ladies to their seats, leave the auditorium, go home, and lay down to sleep! The whole thing seems strange to me! We have to go after him! Chief, the "mystery man" - that we're looking for - Dr Mabuse, the doctor, the gambler, the criminal...! To the nearest police station - ! As quickly as possible - !! I'll look for the car; you wake up Fine and the countess! - Let the doctor sleep as long as possible. He was at the end of his tether after that whole business last night! We can't get out, the police have surrounded the house! So then... we fight!!! END OF THE FIFTH ACT.

 SIXTH ACT. The house is being more fiercely defended than we could have expected. Our people should stay taking cover till I give further orders! A telephone conversation... 

This is State Prosecutor von Wenk! 
Dr Mabuse, I demand that you not put up any resistance towards the police, and that you surrender! 

I feel like a state inside of a state with which I've always been at war!
 If you want to get hold of me, - come get me!

 We're prepared to use any means against you! 
Give up your senseless resistance! 

I'm going to take this opportunity to let you know that Countess Told is here in my house! 

We have to get the military involved! Mabuse's holding Countess Told! The attack on the house has to lead to our immediate success, otherwise the woman's life is at risk! Doctor - ! The military's moving in - ! Eat some cocaine, you limp-dick! Let the woman run, doctor! Above all save yourself! Where is Mabuse - ?! Shut yer mouth, Spoerri! Think of Pesch!! ...Home...! Trapped...! Wonder whether Limp-Dick'll keep his mouth shut?! These objects were found on the dead in Mabuse's home, state prosecutor! And Hawasch is dead... and Fine... ...it's the key... to Hawasch's counterfeiting shop - Maybe that's where he fled...! KISS MY ARSE! You take over the bank, Dr Mabuse... Cheater! The man who was Dr Mabuse...

1 件のコメント:

  1. 昨日の夜の仕事の後に 縛り付けられたのよ!警察が家を包囲していて外に出られない!だから...戦うんだ!第五幕終了 第6幕 予想以上に激しい攻防が続いています 私が指示を出すまでは 避難していた方がいい!電話での会話... フォン・ヴェンク検事だ!マブセ博士... 警察に抵抗しないことと... 降伏することを要求します!


    私はいつも戦争をしている 国家の中の国家のような気がするんだ!

    私を捕えたければ 捕まえに来い!俺達はどんな手段を使っても お前達に対抗する用意がある 無意味な抵抗は諦めろ!この場を借りてお知らせしておきます トールド伯爵夫人が私の家にいることを!伯爵夫人は私の家にいる 伯爵夫人がマブセに捕まった 襲撃を成功させないと 彼女の命が危ない 先生 軍が突入します コカインでも食ってろ!女を逃がしてやれ 何よりも自分の身を守れ マブセはどこだ?黙れ スポルリ!ペシュの事を考えろ!...家... 閉じ込められた... リンプディックは黙っているのかな?マブセの家で 死体から発見された物です 検察官!ハワッシュは死んだし ファインは... ハワッシュの店の鍵だ たぶんそこから逃げたんだろう 俺のケツにキスしてくれ!銀行を乗っ取りなさい マブセ博士... 詐欺師!マブセ博士の正体は...

    www.DeepL.com/Translator(無料版)で翻訳しました。

    返信削除