2017/11スティーブ・キーン:現代貨幣理論は理にかなっていますか?
私はPhilDaviです。スティーブ・キーン教授とのデバンキング・エコノミクス・ポッドキャストへようこそ。今日、パトレオンのスティーブ・キーンのサポーターなら、現代貨幣理論はこの無料版のデバンキング・エコノミクス・ポッドキャストへようこそ。月額$ 10以上を支払っている場合、または経済学の暴言でこれらのポッドキャストの購読者を再確認すると、このようなポッドキャストを週に1〜2回完全に聞くことができ、経済学の背後にある理論と、それが日常生活や世界の出来事にどのように関連しているかを見ることができます。キーンは、現代貨幣理論またはMMTを反映しているようだと信じています。mmtは、国の政府はお金の独占的供給者であるため、物事に支払い、他のセクターに資金を提供する無制限の能力を持っていると述べています。実質的に黒字になるのは悪いことです。なぜなら、彼らは支出よりも多くの税金を使っているので、民間部門からお金を引き出しているので、いつも赤字をうまく実行しないのはなぜですか。これについては以前にも多くのことを話しましたが、ポール・クルーグマンは当然のことながら、お金を稼ぎ続けた場合に得られるインフレを理論が無視していると言っていますが、今は問題ではないかもしれませんが、経済が成長するにつれて、それがポイントになるはずです。この非常に基本的なレベルですが、現代貨幣理論の背後にある理論全体に同意しているようです。私自身のアプローチにはいくつかの注意点がありますが、それは、経済を分析するための私自身の異なる出発点に部分的に基づいており、最終的な結論の違いではなく、私が始めたソブリンマネークリエーターとして政府から効果的に始まります。お金の創造者としての民間部門に政府が加わったのは、純粋な自由市場経済に近づくことがどのように機能するかを理解する必要があると思うからです。政府の規制がないので大丈夫ですが、パロル・クルーグマンとインフレについては、ポール・クルーグマンの典型的な読書であるというわけではありません。それでも、彼を正直に愛する理由はたくさんあります。愛する」戻ったかどうかは別として、政府がお金を稼ぐことについて話している違いは、民間部門がお金を稼ぐことから始まりますが、それらの物理的なメモに関しては、政府からのものです。そうそう、物理的であり、これは人々ができることの1つです。否定し、もちろんそれは同時に彼らを混乱させるので、彼らは政府が不換紙幣などを作成したと言い、彼らのお金のビジョンがそれらの小さなグリーンペーパーであるかどうかを想像しますが、もちろん私たちがやろうとすると現代のコモンズのすべての小さな緑色の紙片は、MUSC以外のすべての人が新しいバッテリーバッテリー操作を構築したい場合にブラックホールが形成されます。s以前はすべての電子送金であり、紙の通貨という言葉の文字通りの意味は、Grazianiが最初に話したものです。つまり、小切手mm-hmmであるため、取引の大部分は銀行口座間の送金であり、それが一部です。私が始めた視点は私ですが、私がそれを望んでいたが、私がそのロケットを作りたいと思った場合、私はお金を借りなければならず、銀行からお金を借りなければならず、したがって銀行はどちらかを持っているでしょうそのお金またはそれはお金を作成し、彼らが作成するお金を作成できない場合は、中央銀行にお金を作成させて、ロケットが最終的に作成される可能性のあるお金によってまだ資金を供給されているようにします。政府はそれがうまくいっていませんそれはそれです」その意味で政府によって認可されているお金を持った政府ですが、現代貨幣理論の基本的な出発点と私がとるアプローチも、あなたは金融の流れのレンズを通して世界を見る必要があると言うことです。金融ストックとそのための最良の方法は、複式簿記である500年前の会計士の発明を使用することです。IIと私はこの特定の点で、最初は現代貨幣理論の群衆と比較してボールの後ろにいたと言わなければなりませんミンスキーを設計するまで、複式簿記の重要性をフレームワークとしてだけでなく資本主義を理解する方法として理解していなかったためです。ミンスキーを見ると、私が敬虔と呼んでいるものの左上隅に表示されます。そこにテーブルがあります単一のエントリを許可する小さなチェックボックスなので、最初に通貨モデルの作成を開始したときは単一のエントリがありましたが、各行にそれぞれ1つまたは2つのエントリがある可能性があり、合計をゼロにする必要はありませんでした。これは、すべての行の負のエントリに正の値を含めるデバイスを特に支配しているため、行の合計は必ずゼロになるため、ロジックでストックフラワーエラーを発生させることはできません。一度実行すると、銀行の方法もわかります。お金を稼ぎ、政府もインフレについてこのことについてもう一度触れましょう。これが想像してみてください。2兆ドルが存在しているとしましょう。ma政府と私は1兆を借りているので、1兆を印刷できますが、2兆ドルではなく、3兆ドルになっているので、1ドルは3分の1少なくなります。兆と3分の1を加えて、私が採点したばかりの3分の1をカバーするので、そうすると、通貨の価値を継続的に切り下げます。したがって、インフレがうまくいくのは、まず第一に、現代の通貨理論の群衆は、経済が大暴れし、より多くの印刷をしたり、より多くのお金を稼いだりするとどうなるかを考えています。価格水準の上昇または貿易赤字の増加、あるいはその両方を引き起こす可能性のある追加のインフレ圧力をかけようとしているので、彼らは彼らが言っていることを認識しています。先週のポッドキャストの1つで、失業率と雇用率について考えています。アメリカ経済には確かに追加の需要が必要な世界にいるので、十分な余地がありますが、同時にこれはもちろんです。私がこれを面白いと思うのは18歳でさえありました私はあなたのような古いファディダディが私と一緒にこれを上げていると言うことができますが18歳でさえ2パーセント以上のインフレは何も知られていないええまだそれについて話しているええええ彼らの最初の反応はですが、そうなるでしょう」それはインフレを引き起こしますええ、私はそう言います、そして中央銀行が今それを引き起こそうとして失敗しているので、これがどれだけ人間の精神に住んでいるように見えるボギーになっているのか面白いです現代貨幣理論は、これは雇用保証に資金を提供するために使用できるため、非自発的失業などはなく、行くのに十分な仕事がなく、政府は私たちがお金を入れるつもりだと大丈夫だと言う能力を持っているということです彼らが言うところはもちろん次の質問です私たちは電話をかけます私たちはこの非自発的失業を取り除こうとしますそれは良い考えです私たちは捕まりやすいのでいくつかのステップに戻りましょう何で」そもそも実際に何が必要かを実際に理解せずにタイプのものが発生すると、基本的に私たちは物々交換経済に住んでいません経済学者以外の誰もが世界の量子性モデルを物々交換であるかのように認識しましたシステム、したがってこれはもちろん主流のエコノミストではありません私が彼らにお金を残しておくと、お金が出てきたらそれはシステムの深いパラメータと呼ばれるものの派生物であり、消費者の好みを動かすと彼らが言う本当の要因です一方の側と企業は、もう一方の銀行に投資することを望んでいません。sバーターそしてそれより少ない彼らはあなたが今彼らの理論でどれだけのお金を作るべきかについてのガイダンスを与えますマネーコードローテーションがインフレーションを引き起こすことができる唯一のことそれらの金銭的目標に到達しようとしている関心のあるインフレ目標彼らはお金を生み出す実際のプロセスを完全に無視しているだけです私たちは現実の世界に住んでいますお金を使う現実の世界に譲歩しましょうお金が存在しなければなりません商取引が行われるため、したがって、資金源が1つしかなく、時間の経過とともに経済を成長させたい場合は、2つの方法があります。1つは、価格レベルが下がったことです。これは、負債がない世界では問題ありませんが、価格水準が下がっていて、それは」sすべての用語で建てられているので、生産量が増えるたびに債務負担が増加し、方程式を打ち破るのはそれほど遠くないでしょう。その結果、実質の変化の増加という点で長期的に成長を維持している唯一の経済マネーサプライも増加しているため、マネーサプライを増加させるには、マネーサプライを増加させる必要があります。そのため、主流がどうなるかを見ると、マネーサプライを作成する人には、ある程度、マネーサプライを作成する必要があります。常にバランスの取れた予算を実行している、またはリカードの同等の暴徒を見て余剰を見る場合、および/またはそのような政府の一部が実際に経済を売っていた今、政府の一部が消えてしまう場合は、政府に賛成して彼らの主張をあからさまに行う'ウォルターズを成長させてマネーサプライを破壊するようになった今、資本主義にお金が必要であることに気づかなかった人々だけが実際に言うことができたので、ある意味で現代の現代貨幣理論でさえ、主流との人々によって半分の時間批判されてきましたストリートは実際には、お金なしで世界を運営できると事実上信じている主流の狂気に対抗しているので、私たちが運営されているために無視してきたお金が生み出される機会であり、私たちのやり方ではありません」もちろん、私たちが物々交換したとき、リソースの可用性は、私たちが金の基準に縛られたときに私たちが物々交換しなければならなかったものの量であったことを知っているので、お金の前にそれを操作しますそこにお金を印刷します」sコントロールがなく、それに慣れていませんが、Davidが労働者を非常に便利につかむ場所であり、Michael Michael HudsonとCorneliaのウィンチを使用して、世界規模で物々交換したことがない場合、最初の組み合わせは決してありません。極小の物々交換を伴う純粋な物々交換で行われた取引のレベルをマップすると信じています。交換は、実際にお金を開発する前か、多くの開発後か、バーターベースではなくクレジットベースであるかどうかから始まるクレジット交換でした。そのため、お金は常にそこにあるという意味で存在していましたが、私たちが失敗していることは何ですか。失業している理由の1つは、お金が足りないことです。お金が足りないのはなぜですか。スタッフキャンプを見つけることができないのです。鉱山がどこにあるのかを見つけて掘り起こすのは本当に難しいのでしょうか。血まみれのダブルエントリーブックキーピングだけで、このようなものを作成することができます。現代貨幣理論の要点であり、雇用保証のアイデアでもあります。失業中のリソースがある場合は、経済に余裕があれば、政府はある意味でそれに資金を提供するかどうか」■直接のプロジェクトや、仕事の保証や基本的な収入などによって、私がそのお金を作れないという物理的な理由はないので、お金の不足は、それができないからではなく、それを作る方法についての私たちの理解の欠如の兆候です。物理的に作成されたものではありませんが、ある種の政府も資金を調達したいと言っているので、私たちが言うのではなく、債券を発行します。お金を稼ぐつもりですこれは彼らが実際に経験する複雑な策略であり、これがお金の創造が行われる理由ですそしてこれが複式簿記の観点からもう一度考える必要がある理由ですので、レベルを決定する財務省から始めますこれからの1年間の支出は、黒字をターゲットにするか、すべてのファンタジーが黒字になっている可能性がありますが、多くの場合、将来予測した金額を実行し、支出は税収よりも大きくなると述べていますだから、違いはあなたが知っている10億ドルだと私が思うとしましょうll兆ドルの兆ドルの経済と100億ドルの違いあなたと私が同じ状況でもちろん1兆ドルの収入を得て幸せだった場合、財務省は今100億ドルの債券を発行しますが、あなたと私が価値のある債券を発行する必要がある場合100億100億ドルこれらの債券の1つが売却されるまで、1セントを費やすことができませんでした。これは、このロザリーがこれらの債券を作成したときにのみ銀行口座にあるものを使うことができるためです。財務省の口座からの支出なので、それが政府の銀行であるという事実は、政府がそのお金を悪くすることを単に受け入れることを意味しますが、それを行うと、債券は売却されます。債券は売却されません。裕福な個人によって購入されていた金融セクターによって通常は貧しい人々は、シャーロット・ブロンテの時代を振り返ります。人々は自分たちの政府について、コンソールの保有が主要な収入源であると話します。 「今では金持ちに直接ではなく金融機関に売られているということは、この金持ちに発行された出席機関があるとしましょう。50億ドルしか買いたくないということです。これは常に債券警戒が中央銀行を持っていることを心配していることです。次に、50億ドル相当の債券を個人から購入し、0のままにして、さらに50億ドルを購入します。つまり、中央銀行からの債券の購入がお金を生み出すとき、政府が発行したいすべての債券を購入しました。これは、財務省がそれを使う権利を持っているので、部分的にはお金をクラッシュさせるメカニズムの1つです。それが費やす方法は、それがエントリを作成することですストレートに言うと、それはあなたがそこに到達したとしてもあなたをチェックする年金だと言うつもりです私は彼らがあなたが知っている熟した古い年金の年齢に達しました私の銀行口座への100ポンドのエントリの私のケースは、私が銀行を利用している銀行の準備金の100ポンドの増加と一致し、中央銀行の財務省の口座から銀行への送金です。 '中央銀行の口座は、私が経済に費やすお金も生み出します。それがメカニズムです。中央銀行は必然的に財務省による支出を尊重するため、財務省はお金に制約されないので、それが行われている方法である場合これが現代貨幣理論のこのアプローチが現実の世界でどのように実行されているかを食べる効果ですそしてそれはそうですそうですそれはあなたがmmtでいくつかの方法で何をしているのかを正確に知っているということですあなたが知っている現実の世界を説明しています新古典主義理論は、物々交換によってすべてが起こり、お金は無関係であるという幻想的な惑星について語っています。そのため、たとえば、欧州中央銀行が米国政府に多くの債券を発行しました。英国政府はどこでも債券を発行し、人々はさまざまな経済をキックスタートするために債券を発行しているので、事実上、彼らは現代貨幣理論の支持者です。その場合、私は事実を除いて彼らは、ある時点でこれを撤回したいと言っていて、彼らがすべきよりも少ないことをしていると言っています。これは、mmtがあなたがすべき量の唯一の制限があるという点です。これは、戦後初期のアバ・ラーナーと呼ばれる男による一連の論文から来たものです。おそらく、第二次世界大戦の終わりにかけて、彼はこの基本的なポイントに気づきました。政府支出の制限は実際的ではありません。あなたと私がお金を使い果たした場合、それらは現在機能しています。」大きなものがありますええ大丈夫私たちは使うことができませんが政府はそれを行うことができません彼らは権利を持っていないのでそれはそれ自身のシステム内に独自の引受銀行を持っていますそしてあなたと私が銀行を所有していればKean Dhabiの人々は、私たちがそれらに書いたものをお金として受け入れるでしょう。そうすれば、私たちは資産を増やし、負債を増やし、もちろんお金が不足することなく負債を使い果たすことができます。そう考えると、これは私のお気に入りの認識されていないエコノミストの1人からの素敵な視点です。ええ、軽蔑はありません。過去50年間のハンガリーのエコノミストの偉大な知識人の1人は、社会主義が成長する理由を分析しようとすることに正直だと思います。資本主義はゆっくりと成長しましたが、時間の経過とともに急速に成長し、需要制約経済と資源制約経済のアイデアを生み出しましたが、ソビエトシステムの機関がソフト予算制約と呼んでいることについても話しました。実際に彼らが彼らの上に不動産を与えたよりも多くを費やすのは、基本的に資本主義経済の州であり、予算の制約が弱いことです。それが、MNTが効果的に言っていることです。柔らかい予算はまっすぐになる可能性がありますそれはあなたがお金を使い果たす必要がない難しいものではありませんあなたは将来の借金について心配する必要はありませんそれはあなたが外貨でお金を借りなければならないかどうかに帰着します、そしてこれは私が行きたいmmtとの違いの1つのポイントである貿易赤字に戻りますのでそれらはすべてのものです制限する機能的な理由ですあなたと私が直面している実際的なものではない政府支出のレベルこれはおそらく、中国が基本的に非常にうまくやっている理由ですそうです私はそれを意味します」s古典的なMMT経済であり、基本的には支出を費やすだけです。なぜなら、インディーズ以外の人々が内部でお金を生み出すことができるからです。共産党があなたにそれを受け入れて強打するお金としてあなたに与えるものを不名誉にすることはありません。彼らがしなければならないのはかなり大規模に行っている政府支出に切り替えることだけであり、このいわゆる援助の多くのように見えるので、彼らが間違いなくあった民間の信用バブルの罠から抜け出すための途方もない途方もない能力カザフスタンのような場所で行われているプロジェクトは、シルクロードを再び建設します。これは、中国での雇用のために効果的に生み出す方法です。中国の商品と中国の労働者を使ってそれをやり直すこと、そしてそれの目的は完全雇用であり、あなたがすべての労働力を使い切るまで、基本的にみんなが仕事をするまでそれを続けることですええ、それが目的ですそれはMMCが言っていることでもあります。失業中の労働者を雇う理由はありません。私たちが労働力を使用する目的に関連する理由はここにあります。私はここで生態学的な警告に立ち上がったので、多くの人があなたが親切だと言います。私はそれを知っていますが、私たちが現在失業している状況と、経済的、経済的、政治的システムがとにかくエコロジーを詰め込むつもりです私はその面で非常に冷笑的ですが基本的にそうです失業者がいるので、失業の理由は、政府が十分に支出していないためです。失業しすぎてしまう可能性があります。その特定の点で、2つの問題を提起したいと思います。1つは、稼働している貿易収支工場で何が起こっているかについてのこの考えです。余剰だけでなく、今年はアメンティの著者の1人と戦うつもりです。彼はすでにそれを知っています。なぜなら、彼は論理の外挿のはるかに多くのことを効果的に主張しているからです。それは政府のためではなく、政府は失業を生み出し、彼らの公共事業を行うことができるのではないかと思います。それはナンセンスであり、現代貨幣理論のもう1つの人々です。のように、輸出はコストであり、輸入は利益であり、貿易赤字を実行することは良い考えであり、それは完全にアメリカ中心の考えであり、実際には持っていない他の世界に当てはまるものを反映していないと思います自国通貨としての準備通貨ですが、もし私が外国貿易でそれをしているなら、私が政府のお金を経済に送り込んでいるなら、私は私の通貨を切り下げます。ドナルド・トランプが通貨操作と呼んでいるものは、他の誰もが同じことをしていることと、あなたが年率5%の名目で成長している経済と、一種の目標である実際のレート3を持っているかどうかによって異なります。アメリカの連邦準備制度が持っている準備金が何であるかを考えるとき、それはその目標です」2%のインフレ率と3%の成長率を指定するのは正確に正しいです。それを可能にするには、毎年マネーサプライを5%増やす必要があります。そうですね。2つの可能性からどこから来るのでしょうか。金融セクターは、銀行からのお金をヨークゴブロにすると、あなたの債務レベルは、今では金額の増加とともに上昇するでしょう」s 2007年に私たちが捕らえた罠は、政府が代わりに表面を動かそうとしてお金を生み出すために少しも努力していなかったため、そして経済が成長していたため、人々が銀行からお金を借りて資産を増やし、彼らの物理的な資産の家と株式の価値を膨らませる負債は、私がしばらくの間バランスを取っているように見えたプロセス全体の礼儀ですが、すべてバブルとバブルの崩壊に基づいて、彼らがそのお金で購入した資産の価値を打ち負かします彼らはまだ銀行部門の責任を負っていました、そして私たちは金融危機を抱えていたのであなたはそうしませんこれは後の金融危機のレシピになるので、Vertaを政府だけに依存させたいのですが、政府にもそれを実行してもらいたいのです。問題は、政府が実行すべきかどうかではないかということです。不足それはどのくらいの大きさである必要があるので、経済学の全体的な考えは、なぜ私たちが経済学を研究するのかについての基本的な議論は、それが限られた資源を最大限に活用する方法であるためです。私たちが彼の本の理論に関して、私が言いたいのは、経済学が無制限の欲求のときの希少資源の配分の研究であるという拍手喝采は、1932年から33年にライオネルロビンズによって書かれたと信じます。大恐慌は今のところ、イギリス人はアメリカ人ほど悪くはなかったと認めていますが、彼がその血まみれの線を書いたとき、アメリカの失業率は25〜26%でした。無制限のリソースについて何かがあると思います。なぜ1 /を使用するのですか。労働の4ええええええそれは需要の不足ですそしてこれがヤラのトウモロコシアイブスの洞察がとても重要だと思う理由ですそして私が最終的にマグナムオーパスを書くとき私は彼らの中で主要な役割を果たしますそしてそれはこの資本主義が需要制約です'資源に制約がないので、cuiコミックが一種の無制限の欲求と限られた資源の研究であるというこのビジョンは、基本的に社会主義システムの問題であり、資源の制約です。どういうわけか自分自身を制限しようとしているという期待がない場合、私たちが地球に与えているダメージは究極の井戸です。それはエンジニアリングの仕事であり、私たちはそれをそのように見る必要があります。気温が2、3パーセント上昇するのを完全に回避する可能性がある時点をはるかに過ぎていると思います。つまり、私はこれを60年60年、今では50年読んでいます。mそれほど古くはありませんが、資源制約の熱力学などに関する地球温暖化に関するこの文献を読んで50年になりますが、摂氏3度と4度の上昇は、私たちが何もしていません。同時に大規模なエンジニアリングが必要になるのは、大規模な混乱を引き起こすことですが、それはエンジニアリングのタスクであり、すでにその制限を超えていることを制約できるかどうかの段階をはるかに超えているので、経済学を使用するべきではありません限られたリソースを最大限に活用するために、これは昔ながらのアイデアであり、すべての人が確実に雇用されるようにするために使用する必要があります。本当に幸せなことはとてもいいことだし、現代貨幣理論はそれに向けた一歩なので、ついにあなたはどのように再び違うのか、そして私はあなたの主な違いは何ですか?これに焦点を当てることで、ある程度ソブリンマネークリエーターになる政府の能力は、彼らの仕事が両方の仕事を支えている最初の例ではもちろん、ウィンドゴッドリーの場合ではない民間部門の役割にボールを落としましたそして私のものですが、彼らがソブリンについて話さない傾向があると彼らが主張する方法について話すとき、ソブリンの能力について話す主題はお金を生み出し、彼らがそのお金を受け取り、その基盤を見るのではなくそれを使用することに近い主題苦しみと主題であるが、それは」また、私たちがプライベートバンクとあなたと私が参加しているノンバンク金融およびノンバンク経済の観点から話しているときの債務者と債権者は、部分的に注意が不足しており、それはちょうど取られていないと思いますそれ自体は十分に私はそれを拡張するための技術的およびコミュニケーション的な方法だと思うことをやろうとしています、そして私は彼ら自身が十分に遠くに行かず、彼らが固執するだけでこれがどのように機能するかを人々に説明するために彼らに少し批判的です主権者と主題、そしてそれは人々を納得させるだろうと思うので、それは一種の発達的で教育的で部分的に論争的な不一致の領域です主な実用的なものは2つあります特にhwaran moh's on what '私は実際の任期を忘れましたが、2008年または2012年に大統領に立候補したときに彼が出した無料の本で、彼は輸出はコストであり、輸入は利益であり、実際にはそうではないと主張しています。私の意見では完全にアメリカ中心であり、それは私が気付いた多くの現代の通貨作家によってまだ繰り返されている貿易赤字を実行する問題は、あなたが実行している場合、あなたが準備通貨でないときにそれを無視することです不足すると、ある時点で自国通貨で債務を発行できなくなり、外貨での借り入れを余儀なくされる可能性のある切り下げ通貨に直面することになります。それは壊滅的なMMCがそれを受け入れますが、彼らはそれを考慮していないと思います。含意と彼らはまたあなたがあなたが無数のポリシーを実行していて余剰を実行しているなら、あなたはここであなたのお金の創造をアウトソーシングしている気まぐれです私は彼らが不完全であり、彼らがプライベート対パブリックを検討している全体的なアカウントについてどのように考えているかを考えていますしかし、彼らは転換した人ではなく、民間の非銀行対民間銀行を検討しており、国内対国際を十分に検討していないので、ドイツのような国が9%のバランスを取っているという私の見解では、貿易黒字はその貿易黒字とユーロの生産を効果的にアウトソーシングするので、あなたとドイツの会社がメルセデスを英国の誰かに販売した場合、英国はポンドでユーロを購入し、それらのユーロを送り返します。ドイツにポンドをメルセデスに送金しますメルセデスはACBが欧州連合の貿易黒字でそれらのポンドをクレジットすることを提示します特にドイツそしてそれからその人にユーロを与えるのであなたが外注したかどうか私は考えますあなたのお金の創造は今これが大麻政策の下で輸出サービスを実行することが実際に機能する理由であり、mmtはそれを十分に考慮していないと思うので、私が理解してそれを入れようとしていることを言い換えさせてくださいそして多分それを単純化するならあなたが経済を運営しているあなたがその経済で余分なお金を生み出すことができる2つの方法があります1つはあなたが実際に海外でより多くのものを売ることができるのであなたがすることです国内で流通しているお金や政府のお金だけでなく、外国のお金を受け取ることで、より多くのお金を印刷することができます。銀行からローンを借りる3番目の方法は、3つあり、Godleyがこれを開発したときの魔法と意味です。フランシスのスクリプトトリップについても、時間の経過と過去のインクルードについての議論は、各方向のフローを見ると、すべてのフローの合計がゼロに等しくなければならないということです。たとえば、アカウントに100ドルを入れると、マイナスになります。 109とプラス100、そしてあなたの合計はゼロになりました。会計の規則性は、全体の傾向が持続可能かどうかを実際に特定できることを意味します。ゴッドリーが金融危機が発生するずっと前に、その傾向と民間と公共のバランスが非常に大きいため、民間のノンバンク部門が持続不可能な形で民間銀行に債務を負わなければならないと言ったときはどうでしたか。したがって、規模は危機が発生するため、現実的な経験的であり、主流が来るとは思わず、予測できなかったと信じている危機を警告するためにmmtの非常に単純な要素を使用することです。もちろん私がそれを求めていることを知っているので、それはMMTの観点の主な利点であり、私の見解では、誰もがmmtをフォローしていれば、十分に開発されていないという意味で間違っているわけではないと思います世界は何ですか?s私たちが私たちの国で完全な雇用を得るために大丈夫だとみんなが言うのを止めるために私たちはもっと海外で売る必要があるので私たちはできるだけ多くの通貨を切り下げて他のみんなの経済にできるだけ多くのお金を送り込むつもりですそれは同じことです。それはゼロサムゲームであるため、もちろん貿易戦争になるため、すべての通貨の切り下げ期間があるだけではありません。これはまさに、ゼロサムゲームが唯一あるということです。もちろん、銀行は古いものよりも多くの新しいラインを作成できるため、重要な存在は、政府が赤字を実行し、税金よりも多くの支出を生み出すことができますが、制約はありませんが、1つの制約は、誰かの貿易赤字が他の誰かでなければならないということです」s貿易黒字はそうですそしてもちろん、貿易黒字を実行している人は誰でも急激なインフレに苦しみ、もちろん価格は下がるので、それは素晴らしい均衡システムになるでしょう。日本は、巨大な貿易サービスと絶対に横行するインフレの明らかな事例にそうです。その結果、無責任な政策を実行することは非常に成功した戦略であり、ある意味で、wcoは実際にそれを行う国を防ぎ、罰するためにそこにあるべきであり、罰則が正しいはずですドイツを含む過度の貿易赤字を抱えている国では大丈夫なので、それが私の質問に対するあなたの答えです。あなたの答えは私の質問です。もし私たちがもし私たち全員が現代の通貨理論を丁寧に採用していなければ、あなたは誰もが彼らの通貨の価値を可能な限り落とそうとしているでしょう。組織は、ケインズからの軍隊、そしてブレトン・ウッズからの軍隊の当初の考えが、銀行家を発行することによる国際貿易のクリアリングハウスであり、銀行内の法律であった場合、どういうわけか、またはすべてを監視する必要がありますクレアが作成した通貨は、すべての国のGDPのサイズと固定相場制に比例して作成されたため、実際に貿易赤字を実行している場合は、銀行の原因が不足しているため、時間の経過とともに価値を下げることを余儀なくされますが、貿易を実行している場合余剰ならあなた」d余剰分に課税する必要があり、その一部を開発援助の3分の1に費やす必要があります。また、貿易赤字を打ち消すために政府赤字を実行するよう圧力をかけられます。実際には、最終的にはより多くの輸入品の需要を促進することで機能するので、これは私たちがしなかったはずのシステムの一部です。なぜなら、血まみれの傲慢な人はおそらくよく変える必要があるアメリカ人は、誰も良いものを変える必要はないからです。株式は後でまたお聞きします。実際、次回は地域の多様性と、国がさまざまな所得レベル、さまざまなレベルの生産性を持つことを許可することが経済的に意味があるかどうか、そして私たちが何ができるかを見ていきます。修正してください」次回はスティーブが夜を見るのに感謝します。それが僕たちの暴言経済ポッドキャストのやり方です。購読すると、週に1、2回聞くことができます。私はフィルドビーです。すぐにまたお会いしましょう。スティーブキーン教授[音楽]あなたを聞いてくれてありがとう I'm Phil Davi and welcome once again to
the debunking economics podcast with
Professor Steve keen and today we asked
does modern monetary theory make sense
well welcome to this free edition of the
debunking economics podcast if you're a
supporter of Steve keen on patreon and
you're paying $10 or more per month or
if you're a subscriber to these podcasts
at debunking economics com you can hear
podcasts like this once or twice a week
in full looking at the theory behind
economics and how it relates to everyday
life and world events now on the face of
it a lot of what Steve Kean says and
believes in seems to reflect modern
monetary theory or MMT for those people
who like acronyms mmt states that
because the government of a country is
the monopoly supplier of money it has
unlimited capacity to pay for things and
provide funds for other sectors so being
in surplus in effect is is a bad thing
because that means they've taken more
money in taxes than they're spending so
they're withdrawing money from the
private sector so why not always run a
deficit well Steve I mean we've spoken a
lot about this before and Paul Krugman
not surprisingly amongst others says
that the theory ignores the inflation
you'd get if you kept creating money
maybe yeah not an issue now but as the
economy grows and that's got to be a
point so at this very basic level though
it seems like you do agree with the the
whole theory behind modern monetary
theory I do I've got some some caveats
of my own in my own approach to it which
were partly based on my own different
starting point for analyzing the economy
rather than a difference in final
conclusions they effectively start from
the government as a sovereign money
creator I start from the private sector
as a money creator and then add had the
government in because I think you have
to understand how a closer to a pure
free market economy operates because so
many people who will say how wonderful
for example free banking is are
hypothesizing about a world in which
there is no government regulation so
it's okay but they're not that we come
inside with on the parol Krugman and
inflation that it's typical
reading by paul krugman and yet you love
him so much so many reasons to love him
honestly I mean what's not to love
let's go back or not you said that your
differences they talk about the
government creating money you start with
the private sector creating money but in
terms of those physical notes they do
come from the government oh yeah the
physical and this is one thing people
can't deny and of course it confuses
them at the same time so they they they
say oh it's government created money
fiat money etc etc and they imagine them
if their vision of money is those little
pieces of green paper but of course if
we try to do everything in modern
Commons little pieces of green paper
they'd be black holes form for every non
MUSC wants to build a new battery
battery operation it's all electronic
transfers it used to be paper currency
and a literal sense of the word paper
currency is Graziani first spoke about
it which means cheques mm-hmm so the
vast majority of transactions have been
effectively transfers between bank
accounts and that's the that's the part
the the perspective that I start from do
I but if I wanted it but if I wanted to
do something if I wanted to create that
rocket I would have to borrow money and
I have to borrow money from a bank and
the bank would therefore either have
that money or it would create the money
and if they can't create the money
they'd create that they get the central
bank to create the money so that so that
that rocket is still being funded by
money that might ultimately be created
by the government isn't it well it's
it's it's government with money which is
sanctioned by the government in that
sense but if you the basic starting
point of modern monetary theory and the
approach that I take as well is to say
you've got to see the world through the
lens of monetary flows and monetary
stocks and the best way to do that is
use the the invention of accountants
from 500 years ago which is double entry
bookkeeping so I I and I must say on
this particular point I was behind the
behind the ball compared to the modern
monetary theory crowd initially because
I didn't appreciate the importance of
double entry bookkeeping not just as a
framework but as a way of understanding
capitalism until I designed Minsky and
if you look at Minsky I'll see on the
top left-hand corner of what I call
godly tables there's a little check box
to allow single entry so when I first
started building my monetary models I
there was single entry but there could
be one or two entries
on each on each row they didn't have to
sum to zero and I've realized since that
that particularly ruled a device of
having a positive in a negative entry in
every row so that the rows necessarily
sum to zero and you therefore can't make
stock flower errors in your logic is
important and once you do it you also
realize how banks create money and the
government too let's just touch on this
thing about inflation again very quickly
imagine this imagine there's I don't
know let's say there's two trillion
dollars in existence and and I'm a
government and I owe a trillion so I
could print a trillion but that means
each dollar is now going to be one-third
less because because you know we're now
got three trillion dollars rather than
two trillion dollars so I have to print
a trillion plus the one third to cover
the the one third I've just graded so
are we going to continually devalue the
currency if we do that because you know
it's isn't it also gonna make everything
that's in existence a lot more expensive
so that therefore becomes inflationary
well that's first of all the modern
monetary theory crowd do consider what
happens when you have economy going
gangbusters and you print more or you
and you create more money yes you're
going to put additional inflationary
pressure that could turn up an either an
increase in price levels or an increase
in the trade deficit or both so they are
aware of what they're saying is that at
the moment we and this is this is one
area in which we spoken one of last
week's podcasts I think about the
unemployment rate versus the employment
rate we're still in a world where
there's additional demand needed
certainly for the American economy
so there's plenty of room and at the
same time of course this is what I find
this amusing was even eighteen-year-olds
I can I said old fuddy-duddies like you
rising this one with me but even 18
year-olds are never known anything
anything greater than two percent
inflation yeah still talking about it
yeah yeah their first response is but
won't that cause inflation yeah and I
say yes and on central bank's trying to
cause that right now and failing so it's
amusing how much this has become a bogey
that seems to inhabit human psyche right
talking about jobs I mean one on one
argument in favor of modern monetary
theory is that is this that it can be
used to fund a job guarantee so there's
no such thing as involuntary
unemployment so there's not enough jobs
to go
and then the government has the ability
to say well okay we're gonna put money
in where they put it is the next
question of course we're gonna make the
call we're gonna we're gonna try and
remove this involuntary unemployment
it's that a good idea
well let's go back a couple of steps
because we easy to get caught up in the
in the what's going to happen if type
stuff without actually working out what
what if is in the in the first place
actually requires and fundamentally you
we do not live in a barter economy
everybody except economists realized
that the quantumness model of the world
as if it's a barter system and therefore
this isn't the mainstream economist of
course if I leave they leave money out
of there thinking entirely if money
turns up it's derivative of what they
call the the deep parameters of the
system the real factors that they say
drive consumer tastes on one side and
firms desire to invest on the other no
banks whatsoever no money necessary
everything's barter and then less they
giving guidance about how much money you
should create now in their theory the
only thing money code rotation can
causes inflation and therefore they said
the whole thing about rates of growth of
the money supply to to reach monetary
targets or rates of interest that are
going to reach those monetary targets
inflation targets that's all they do
that they're completely ignoring the
actual process of creating money now we
live in the real world let's make a
concession to the real world it uses
money money has to exist for commerce to
take place and therefore if you only had
one source of money and you wanted your
economy to grow over time there's two
ways that can happen one is the price
level falls now that's fine in a world
in which there's no debt but if you have
a falling price level and it's
denominated in all terms as they are
then your debt burden rises with every
increase in output and bang your
equation up is not going to go very far
consequently the only economies which
have sustained growth over the long term
in terms of a change increase in real
output have also had increases in the
money supply and therefore you have to
have a rising money supply to have
rising rising output so to some extent
there's an imperative on whoever creates
the money supply to create it now when
you look at what
the mainstream ends up doing their
arguing gastly in favor at the
government either running a balanced
budget all the time or frequently if you
look at the Ricardian equivalent mob a
surplus and/or such some of the
government disappears up its own
abscissa now that was actually selling
the economy let's grow Walters to
destroy the money supply now only people
who didn't realize money was necessary
for capitalism could actually say that
so in some ways modern modern monetary
theory even that's been critiqued half
the time by the mainstream and by people
in the in the street is actually a
counter to the insanity of the
mainstream effectively believing you
could operate the world without money
so is it I mean it's an opportunity that
money is created that we've been
ignoring because we're being operated
and the way we don't operate it before
money because of course when we bartered
the you know the availability of
resources was how much stuff we had to
barter when we were tied to the gold
standard we were controlled by how much
gold there was now we've basically said
well we're going to print money there's
no control and we haven't got used to
that yet well the combination first
would would never if this is where David
grabbers workers so useful and also with
Michael Michael Hudson's and Cornelia
winches we haven't ever bartered on it
on a global scale believe map the level
of transactions that were had with pure
barter with miniscule Muskaan's
exchanges were credit exchanges to begin
with whether that was before we actually
develop money or after we develop many
whether a credit based rather than
barter based so money has always been
there in a sense of credit being there
but what what what we are failing to
realize is that we have one of the
reasons we have unemployment is
insufficient money now why is there
insufficient money is it is it
impossible to find the staff camp is it
do we have it really hard to find where
the mines are and dig it up
no it's bloody double entry bookkeeping
that's all you need to create this stuff
so the point of modern monetary theory
and also the ideas of a job guarantee
and so our and other if you have
unemployed resources if there's slack in
the economy then there is room for the
government to fund that in some sense
whether that's by direct projects or by
things like a job guarantee or a basic
income there's no physical reason why I
can't create
that money so the shortage of money is a
sign of our lack of understanding of how
to create it not because it can't be
physically created but kind of
government also say well it we want to
raise money so we're gonna issue bonds
rather than saying we're gonna create
money see this is the complicated ruse
they actually go through and this is why
the money creation takes place and this
is why again you got to think in terms
of double-entry bookkeeping so we start
with the Treasury that decides the level
of expenditure the few for the year at
ahead now it might want to target a
surplus or all those total fantasies are
running a surplus but often do they do
their sums they forecast forward and
they said that their expenditure is
going to be greater than their tax
revenue so let's say the difference is
as a billion dollars you know that I
think you'll trillion-dollar trillion
dollar economy and a ten billion dollar
difference the Treasury then issues
bonds for ten billion now if you and I
were in the same situation happy to have
a revenue of a trillion dollars of
course but if you and I should bonds
worth 10 billion ten billion dollars we
couldn't spend a cent until those but
one of those bonds were sold because we
can only spend what's in our bank
accounts when this rosary creates those
bonds on the other hand then soon as
that happens the central bank authorizes
spending from the Treasury's account so
there's the fact that it is the the
government's bank means it simply
accepts that the government will get
that bad that that money however it does
it then the bonds are sold none of the
bonds are sold they're poor normally by
the financial sector they used to be
bought by wealthy individuals think back
to the days of Charlotte brontë and so
on people would talk about their their
government their holding of consoles
being a major income source so but then
these these days right they're sold to
financial institutions
rather than directly to rich individuals
now that then means that say that let's
say there's a attend organ issued on
this rich individuals only want to buy 5
billion which is always that the Bond
vigilante worry people have got the
central bank then comes and buys those 5
billion worth of bonds off those private
individuals leaving them as 0 so they're
going buy another 5 billion which means
they've bought all the bonds the
government wants to issue hmm now when
the when the from the central bank does
that buying of bonds it creates money
so that's partly one of the money
crashing mechanisms equally now that the
Treasury has the right to spend then it
by the way it spends is it will make an
entry let's say to the straight I'm
gonna let it says it's a it's a pension
checking you even I've reached there
I've reached the ripe old pensionable
age they they whacker
you know in my case of the hundred pound
entry in my bank account
now that is matched by a hundred pound
increase in the reserves of the bank
that I'm banking with and that is a
transfer of money from the Treasury's
account at the central bank to the
bank's account at the central bank so
that is also then created money that I
spend into the economy so those are the
mechanisms and because because the
central bank necessarily honors any
spending by the Treasury the Treasury is
not money constrained so if that's the
way it's done so that's the eating
effect how this the this approach of
modern monetary theory is being executed
in the real world and that's yeah that's
happening isn't it I mean you know
exactly what in some ways on mmt is
doing it's describing the real world
ya know neoclassical theory is telling
about a fantasy planet on which
everything happens by barter and money
is irrelevant
right so when so for example European
Central Bank has issued a lot of bonds
the US government's issued a lot around
bonds the UK government I mean
everywhere and people issuing bonds to
try and kick-start their their various
economies so they're in effect they are
being proponents of modern monetary
theory in that case I'm except for the
fact that they are saying well we want
to pull back on this at some point and
they're doing less of it than they
should do this is the point that mmt
makes that there's the only limit the
amount you should do is the functional
impact of doing it this is where it
comes from a a set of papers by a guy
called abba lerner back in the early
post-war period or maybe even though
during the into the end of the Second
World War I think and he realized this
basic point that the in limits to the
government spending are not practical
they're functional now if you and I ran
out of money
that's it we've got a big yeah okay okay
we can't spend but the government can't
do that because they don't have rights
it's a has its own underwriting Bank
within its own system and if you and I
owned a bank of Kean Dhabi and people
would accept
whatever we wrote on those as money then
we can increase our assets and increase
our liabilities and spend out of the
liabilities without ever running out of
money of course we can't do that so if
you think about it this is actually a
lovely perspective from one of my
favorite and unrecognized economists
yeah no scorn I think one of the great
intellectuals of the last 50 years
Hungarian economist the honest in trying
to analyze why socialism grow so slowly
whereas capitalism grew fitfully but
rapidly over time coined the idea or
what he called demand constrained versus
resource constrained economies but he
also talked about institutions in a
Soviet system having called a soft
budget constraint which meant their
spending wasn't limited that they want
to spend more than actually had they
give it an estate within top of them out
later well fundamentally the state in a
capitalist economy and has a soft budget
constraint and that's and that's what
MNT is saying effectively you've got
that soft budget could straight it's not
a hard one you don't have to run out of
money you don't have to worry about
future debt because the longer is
servicing it in your own currency you
can never I know the capacity to do that
it comes down to whether you having to
borrow money in foreign currency and
this comes back to the trade deficit
which is one point of difference with
mmt that I do want to get to so they're
all the stuff is functional reasons to
limit the level of government spending
not practical ones which were you and I
face right this is presumably why
China's doing so well in fundamentally
yeah I mean that's the classic MMT
economy and just basically spend spend
spend because we can create the money
people except from Indies internally you
do not dishonor what the Communist Party
gives you as money you accept it and
bang the the there and now that's how
you leaves them a tremendous tremendous
capability to get out of the private
credit bubble trap they were definitely
in because all they have to do is switch
over to government spending which
they're doing on a fairly large scale
and it looks like a lot of this
so-called aid projects that are taking
place in places like Kazakhstan building
the Silk Road again that is effectively
a way of generating for employment back
in China because they're doing it using
Chinese goods and Chinese workers and
the aim of it is full employment would
that be the you keep on doing it until
everybody had a job fundamentally until
you've used all of your labor resources
effect
yeah and that's that's the objective in
that's what MMC is saying as well
there's no reason to have unemployed
labor the reasons to relate to what we
use the labor for and that's where
they've because I've got up with the
ecological caveat in here a lot of
people say you kind of grow through I
know that but the UH the situation we're
in right now with unemployment and the
stuff financial and economic and
political system we're going to stuff up
the ecology anyway I'm very very very
cynical on that front but but
fundamentally yeah if you've got
unemployed people then the reason for
unemployment is the government's not
spending enough now you can take it too
far and on that particular point I do
want to raised two issues one is this
idea of what happens on the on the trade
balance factories that run a surplus but
also I'm gonna be having a fight with
one of the Amenti authors this year he
already knows it because he's arguing
effectively by far much far much of
extrapolation of logic to say
affectively because effectively argument
you're gonna be fully employed were it
not for government and government
creates unemployment so can do public
works of them I think that's nonsense
and equally another one of the modern
monetary theory people hwaran moh's like
argues that exports are a cost and
imports are a benefit and running a
trade deficit is a good idea and I think
it's an utterly American centric idea it
does not reflect what applies in the
rest of the world where you don't
actually have the reserve currency as
your domestic currency but if I'm on
that on foreign trade if I'm pumping
government money into the economy I'm
gonna be devaluing my currency on I'm
gonna be making my exports cheaper so
isn't that what Donald Trump would call
currency manipulation well it depends on
what everybody else is doing the same
thing and you if you if you had an
economy which is growing at a nominal 5%
per annum and the real rate of 3 which
is the sort of goal that when you think
about what the reserve the Fed Reserve
in America has is its targets that's
precisely the right that it specs 2%
rate of inflation
3% rate of growth you have to have a 5
percent increase in the money supply
every year to make that possible
yeah ok so where's it going to come from
the two possibilities it comes from the
financial sector if the yoke gobro that
money from the banks
then your debt level is going to rise
along with the increase in the amount of
money now that's the trap we got caught
in in the 2007 because because the
government was not doing its bit for
money creation trying to run a surface
instead and to the economy was growing
it was growing because people are
borrowing money from the banks
increasing their assets increasing the
liabilities inflating the value of their
of their physical assets houses and
shares courtesy that whole process that
looked like I was balancing for a while
but all based on a bubble and the bubble
burst bang the value of the assets
they'd purchase with that money
disappear they still had the liability
of the banking sector and we had a
financial crisis so you don't want to
have reliance Verta solely upon the
government upon the banks because this
will be a recipe for a later financial
crisis you want to have the government
doing it as well and the question is
isn't it whether the government should
or should not run a deficit it's what
size should it be so the whole idea of
economics the fundamental argument about
why we why we study economics is because
it's the way of making the best use of
limited resources so doesn't this theory
sort of go against that a little bit in
the wind in that we're his book the
theories I mean would you
believe that clap phrase about economics
being the study of the allocation of
scarce resources when unlimited wants
was written in 1932-33 by Lionel Robbins
who at the time a was an Austrian
economist and B was surrounded by the
Great Depression right now admittedly
that with the British wasn't as bad as
the American oh my but the unemployment
rate in America was 25 26 % when he
wrote that bloody line I think there's
something about unlimited resources then
why do you using 1/4 of the labor yeah
yeah yeah it's insufficiency of demand
and this is why I think Yara's corn Ives
insights are so important and when I
finally write my magnum opus I'll play a
major role in them and that is this
capitalism is demand constraint it's not
resource constrained so this vision of
the cui comics being the study of a kind
of unlimited wants and limited resources
is fundamentally the problem of the
socialist system which is resource
constraint this is yarn haces point so
ok but we do hit the problem don't we if
we don't have that
that expectation that we are going to
limit ourselves somehow then the damage
we're doing to the planet is the
ultimate well that's that's that's
that's an engineering task and we should
be looking at it that way I think okay
we're well past the point where there's
any chance of avoiding a two or three
percent increase in temperature mumble
totally I mean I've been reading this
through for 60 years 60 years now 50 I'm
not quite that old but 50 years of
reading this literature on on global
warming on resource constraints
thermodynamics etc etc it is just we're
on a hiding to nothing to crack to it
three and four degrees of Celsius
increase right and in that situation
we're going to need massive engineering
at the same time is having massive
create chaos as well but yeah it's an
engineering task it's got well past the
stage of whether we can constraint we've
already got past that limit so we should
be using economics not for making the
best use of limited resources that's an
old-fashioned idea we should be using it
to make sure that everybody is gainfully
employed and I guess also making sure
we're all happy would be quite a nice
thing and modern monetary Theory is a is
a step towards that so just finally then
how do you differ again and I differ
yeah what's your main kind of difference
to two points of difference I first of
all I think that in focusing upon this
the government's capacity to be a
sovereign money creator to some extent
they've dropped the ball on the role of
the private sector that is not the case
for wind Godley of course in the first
instance whose work underpins both their
work and mine but it's in when you talk
about how they argue they tend to not to
talk about sovereign and subject talking
about the sovereigns capacity create
money and the subjects they've near
being receiving that money and using it
rather than seeing its base it might be
suffering and subject but it's also
debtor and creditor when we're talking
in terms of private banks versus the
non-bank financial and non-bank economy
which you and I are part of so that's
partly lack of attention and I think
that's it just hasn't got taken itself
far enough I'm trying to to do what I
think the technical and communicative
ways of extending it and I just a bit
critical of them for not going to the
far enough themselves and explaining to
people how this functions just by
sticking they stick with the sovereign
and subject and think that's going to
convince people that
so that's so that's a sort of
developmental and pedagogic and partly
polemic area of disagreement the main
practical ones are twofold
there's particularly coming out of
hwaran moh's on what's called seven
seven deadly I forgotten the actual term
but at the free book of his which he
would put out when he was running for
president looking back in 2008 or 2012
he argues that exports are a cost and
imports are a benefit and it's actually
no problem running a trade deficit now
that is completely in in my opinion the
American centric and it's still being
repeated by a lot of modern monetary
writers I notice and that it ignores the
thing that when you are not the reserve
currency if you're running a deficit
then you are going to face a devaluing
currency you may at some point be unable
to issue debt in your own currency and
you will be forced to borrow in foreign
currency and that's catastrophic MMC
accepts that but I don't think they
consider the the implications and they
also don't see the role that if you're
running into so if you're running a
mccandless policy and running a surplus
you're a fickle be outsourcing your
money creation here I think they're
being incomplete and how they think
about the the overall accounts they're
considering private versus public but
they're not who converted is considering
private non-bank versus private bank and
they're not considering sufficiently
domestic versus international if so my
perspective on the country like Germany
running a nine percent balance the trade
surplus is that with that trade surplus
it's effectively outsourcing its
production of euros so if the mirror you
and German company sells a Mercedes to
somebody in the UK the UK will buy euros
with pounds and send those euros back or
they'll send pounds to the German to
Mercedes Mercedes will then present
those pounds that the ACB the ECB will
credit those pounds in the in the trade
surplus of the European Union because
particularly Germany and then give that
person euros
so I figure if you've outsourced your
money creation now this is a reason why
running an export service under the
cannabis policy actually works
and I think mmt hasn't sufficiently
considered that so let me paraphrase
that just so I understand and trying to
put it and to simplify it maybe
and if you are running an economy
there's two ways you can create extra
money in that economy one is that you
can in effect sell more stuff overseas
so you're getting foreign money coming
in rather than just the money of the
circulating domestically or the
government can print more and the third
way you take out a loan from the banks
yeah those the three and in the magic
and the sense behind when Godley's
development of this argument over time
and then past include for our Frances
scripts trips as well is that when you
look at the flows in each direction the
sum of all the flows has to equal zero
because if I put a hundred dollars in
your account for example then there's
minus 109 and plus 100 and yours the sum
is zero now that accounting regularity
means you can actually identify where
the trends in the aggregate is
sustainable or not and that's what when
Godley used to to water the financial
crisis long before it occurred because
he said the the trends and the private
to public balance are so great that the
private non-bank sector has to be
getting in debt to the private banks on
an unsustainable scale therefore there
will be a crisis so that's a realistic
empirical rather just sort of saying
what we should do
that's use of a very simple element of
mmt to warn of a crisis the mainstream
didn't see coming and believes couldn't
be predicted you know I'm calling
on that of course so who am
that is a major benefit of the MMT
perspective and I think to my point of
view it's not that it's wrong in any
senses that hasn't been sufficiently
developed if everyone was following mmt
around the world what's to stop everyone
saying well okay for us to get our full
employment in our country we need to
sell more overseas therefore we need to
devalue our currency by as much as
possible so we're going to pump as much
money into the economy everyone else
that's the same thing don't we just have
a period of devaluation of every
currency because of course it just
becomes a trade war because that is a
zero-sum game this is exactly that's
that's that is there is the only
zero-sum game in existence that matters
because of course banks can create more
new lines than old the government can
run the deficit and create spend more
than it taxes though they're not
constrained they're the one constraint
is that when somebody's trade deficit
must be somebody else's trade surplus
right so and and of course the
neoclassical theory used to argue
anybody running a trade surplus will
suffer rampant inflation
that'll undermine their currency though
of course their prices to fall so it'll
be nice equilibrium system yeah look at
Germany and Japan to a obvious cases of
of huge trade services and absolutely
rampant inflation yeah so so
consequently running mccandless policies
is a highly successful strategy and in
some ways the wco
should be there to prevent and penalize
countries that actually do that and
there should be penalties right on
countries that run excessive trade
deficits including germany okay so
that's so that's your answer to my
question any boots from okay so that's
your answer my question that if we if we
if everyone not polite employed modern
monetary theory then you would have
everyone trying to drop their the value
of their currency as much as possible so
they could get that trade advantage your
answer is well the World Trade
Organisation will have to police that
somehow or all the I'm if the original
idea of the army from from Keynes and
then Bretton Woods was that it would be
a clearinghouse for a international
trade by issuing bankers and also a
within bank laws which were a crea
created currency created proportional
with the size of every country's GDP and
with fixed exchange rates so if you
actually were running a trade deficit
you'd be forced to devalue over time
because you run out of bank cause but if
you're running a trade surplus then
you'd be required to be taxed on the
surplus and you'd also be required to
spend some of that in in third in
development aid and you'd also be under
pressure to to have run it run a
government deficit to counteract your
trade deficit which would actually
ultimately work by driving a demand for
more imports so this is all part of the
system we should have had we didn't
because the Americans as usual which who
bloody arrogant needs to change perhaps
well he don't nobody needs to change
good stock we'll catch you again the
later on and in fact next time we're
going to look at regional diversity and
whether it makes economic sense to to
allow countries to have different income
levels different levels of productivity
and how what we can do to fix it
we'll do that next time thanks sir few
time Steve look a night and that is it
that's how
we do the debunking economics podcast if
you subscribe you can hear that once or
twice a week I'm Phil Dobby we'll catch
you again soon with Professor Steve Kean
thanks for listening
[Music]
you
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿