2021年5月8日土曜日

Arthur C Clarke predicts the internet 1964

https://twitter.com/johnnypapa64/status/1390959728054919171?s=21

but what about the city of the day after tomorrow say the year 2000 I think it will be completely different in fact it may not even exist at all oh I'm not thinking of the atom bomb in the next Stone Age I'm thinking of the incredible breakthrough which has been made possible by developments and communications particularly the transistor and above all the communications satellite these things will make possible a world in which we can be an instant contact with each other wherever we may be where we can contact our friends anywhere on earth even if we don't know their actual physical occasion it will be possible in that age perhaps only 50 years from now for a man to conduct his business from to Haiti or Bali just as well as he could from London in fact if it proves worthwhile almost any executive skill any administrative skill a many physical skill could be made independent of distance I am perfectly serious when I suggest that one day we may have brain surgeons in Edinburgh operating on patients in New Zealand when that time comes the whole world will have shrunk to a point and the traditional role of the city as a meeting place for man would have ceased to make any sense in fact men will no longer commute they will communicate they won't have to travel her business anymore they'll only travel for pleasure I only hope that when that day comes and when the city is abolished the whole world isn't turned into one giant suburb 英語 (自動生成)

https://youtu.be/wC3E2qTCIY8
しかし、明後日、つまり2000年の都市はどうでしょうか。まったく違うものになっていると思いますし、実際にはまったく存在しないかもしれません。ああ、私は次の石器時代の原子爆弾のことを考えているのではありません。私が考えているのは、開発と通信、特にトランジスタ、そして何よりも通信衛星によって可能になった驚くべきブレークスルーのことです。そのような時代には、おそらくたった50年後には、ハイチやバリでもロンドンと同じようにビジネスを行うことができるようになるでしょう。実際、もし価値があると証明されれば、ほとんどすべての経営者のスキル、管理者のスキル、多くの物理的なスキルは、距離に依存しないようにすることができます。私は、エジンバラの脳外科医がニュージーランドの患者を手術する日が来るかもしれないと提案するとき、私はまったく真剣に考えています。実際、男性はもはや通勤しなくなり、コミュニケーションをとるようになり、仕事で移動する必要がなくなり、楽しみのためだけに移動するようになるでしょう 私は、その日が来て都市が廃止されたときに、全世界が巨大な郊外になっていないことを願うばかりです。

www.DeepL.com/Translator(無料版)で翻訳しました。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿