2022年9月9日金曜日

2013 Mosler MMT vs. Austrian School Debate

MoeernMoneyNetworkチャンネル

MMT: Difference Between Currency Issuer and a Currency User
2013

元動画28:00~


{Questions now and my first question is going to be "Are you robbing liquor stores?".} {How do you respond?} Well, what what we have to look at is the difference between the issuer and the user of anything. So I'm going to use an example of subway tokens. Am I dating myself?How long has it been since the city had subway tokens? {It's been at least a decade} That's when I used to live here, when I was at Bankers Trust. So, does everybody remember how subway tokens worked? Yes, okay. And so if you go down to the train station, you bring somebody to New York, they say, "Oh, I see how it works!" "First they collect the tokens and then they sell them!" I go, "yeah, I know it looks like that but no, really they sell them first and then they collect them". Well how do you know that? They're just going around and round. Well, you know that they're the issuer of the subway token where they sell them first and then they collect them. And if you look at the city, the city can't collect its tokens until after it gets them out there. The issuer of anything can't collect anything until after it gets it out there. The rest of us, we can't use tokens until... We have to buy them first, get them, exchange dollars for tokens before we can spend them. The city has to exchange tokens for dollars before they can collect them. Okay? Likewise with the US dollar, the US government is the issuer of the US dollar and in this sense -- now i know there're all these definitions floating around -- the dollars that can be used to pay taxes come only from the US government or they're counterfeit and technically speaking a tax payment is a reserve drain on the banks. It's inside money. It's on a debit to the reserve account. Only the Fed can add reserves that can then get debited either directly or to an overdraft or through some other way. But because you're the issuer of the dollar think of it if you've got a dollar in your pocket, you know, that... how did it... you know, how did it get there if it's not counterfeit? The government spent it. It came from the government. It can't come from anywhere else and the government hasn't taxed it yet or you wouldn't have it. 

Now I know it's a little bit simplistic because there's government lending but we're just trying to focus on this one point, right. And so The point here is there's a dramatic difference between the issuer and the user, so if New York City owed me five million dollars I'd be a lot more worried about their ability to pay me than if they owed me five million subway tokens. I'm pretty sure they'd be able to get me the tokens. {Warren, you should check out Metrocards because they in some ways make your point even better} Yeah! {You could ask you know, "Where does the city get the credits that it puts on your metro cards for rides?"} Right, right. {And the answer is it doesn't get them from anywhere} Right, and you've got to get credits before you can ride {Right but the subway system doesn't need to obtain the credits from any body} But neither can they debit your credits until after they've given them to you so the user has to get the thing first before you can use it that's all of us with dollars that's the States, corporations, individuals we often get dollars to be able to spend or our checks bounce, exactly like Professor Murphy was saying. The government on the other hand is in the opposite position it has to spend them first or lend them first before it can collect them. And the way they say it inside, the insiders say it, is you can't have a reserve drain without a reserve add. And in the old days before all the excess reserves were there; when the Treasury was borrowing; the Fed was in doing repos; they gotta add the reserves before they can subtract; you gotta spend first before you can collect. It's just a point of logic. {Bob, would it... I mean do you want to respond to that? You know, a lot of Austrians would say that government spending is disastrous and... but Warren's making the point that the government needs to spend four dollars to enter the system.} No, I'm not. {Oh, well sorry, okay} I'm sorry, it can't collect them until after it spends them. {Right, it cannot collect them until that after it spends them}. And that's the difference. That's why a household gets in trouble because they have to collect first before they can spend. The US can't be in that position with a floating exchange rate currency. Now on a gold standard which was the context of the original Austrian writings, yes. If the government spends and doesn't tax it runs out of gold with defaults and within the system's, you know, is in default, okay. And you wind up devaluing and it's a disaster. Which is what happened in Argentina; which happens in all of Russia in '98; all the fixed exchange rate blow-ups where the money was backed by reserves. The government put themselves in a similar position where they have to collect first before they can spend. The European governments used to be in a position where they would... Greece would spend drachma first and then collected it. They never had a solvency problem. They turned themselves into what are like US states but now they have to get Euros before they can spend them, they got a major solvency problem. The European Central Bank spent a trillion euros last month or whatever it was. Nobody asked, "Where did you get it? Did you borrow it from China? or did you, you know, tax it then? All they did was credit their accounts in the books. Now can excess spending, excess demand drive up -- {Wait, wait! Let's... let's... Before you anticipate all his answers let's try to uh...} to Warren, "Are you in favor of robbing liquor stores and he didn't deny it>. *Laughter* . We have a Fifth amendment!

{a1pos(126,268)} "酒屋を襲ってるのか?"と言うのが 最初の質問だ
{どう答えるの?} さて、私たちが注目しなければならないのは、発行者と使用者の違いです。
発行者と使用者の違いです。そこで、地下鉄のトークンを例にとって説明します。
地下鉄のトークンを例にとります。地下鉄のトークンって何年前だっけ?
{少なくとも10年以上前です。}
ここに住んでた頃だバンカーズ・トラストにいた頃だ それで みんな
地下鉄のトークンはどう機能したか覚えてる?
そうですね 駅まで行って誰かを連れてきたら
"なるほど、そういうことか "と納得するんです。
"まずトークンを集めて、それを売るんだ!" 私は、「ああ、そのように見えるのは知っている。
でも、本当は、まず売って、それから集めるんだよ」と言いました。どうして
どうしてわかるんですか?ぐるぐる回ってるだけだから。
地下鉄のトークンの発行元が、トークンを売ってから回収しているのは知っているよね。
まず売って、それから回収するんです。そして、市を見ると、市は、トークンを回収することができません。
トークンの回収は、トークンを外に出してからでないとできない。発行元は
どんなものでも、それを世に出した後でないと回収できないのです。それ以外の人は
私たちは、トークンを使うことができません... まず、トークンを買わなければなりません。
ドルをトークンに換えてからでないと使えない。市は
市は、トークンを回収する前に、ドルに交換しなければならない。
いいですか?同様に、米ドルについても、米国政府は米ドルの発行者です。
この意味で--いろいろな定義があることは承知していますが--、米ドルの支払いに使えるのは、アメリカ政府です。
税金の支払いに使われるドルは、アメリカ政府からしか手に入らない。
税金の支払いに使えるドルは、アメリカ政府からしか調達できないか、あるいは偽造品で、厳密に言えば、税金の支払いは銀行の準備金の流出になります。
銀行への預金流出です。それは内部貨幣である。準備金の引き落としになります。
準備金を追加することができるのはFRBだけで、直接引き落とすか、当座貸し越しにするか、
直接引き落とすか、当座貸越に回すか、他の方法で引き落とすことができます。しかし、ドルの発行者である以上、
しかし、あなたがドルの発行者である以上、あなたのポケットにあるドルを考えてみてください。
どうやって手に入れたのでしょう?政府が使ったんです。政府が使ったんです。
政府から来たんです。政府から来たのです。他のどこからも来られないし、政府はまだ課税していません。
課税されていないのなら、それはないでしょう。

政府による融資があるので、少し単純化されているのは分かっています。
しかし、私たちはこの1点に集中しようとしているのです。
それで
ここで重要なのは、発行者と利用者の間に劇的な違いがあるということです。
もしニューヨーク市が私に500万ドルの借金をしたなら、私は彼らの支払い能力について
ニューヨーク市が私に500万ドルの借金をしたなら、500万個の地下鉄トークンを貸した場合よりも、彼らの支払い能力を心配することになります。
トークン500万個よりもね。もしニューヨーク市が私に500万ドルの借金をしたなら、500万個の地下鉄トークンを貸した場合よりも支払い能力があるかどうか心配になるでしょうね。{ウォーレン、君は
メトロカードはもっといいものだ}
そうだ!{「メトロカードに記録されたクレジットを 市はどこで手に入れるのか? 」と聞けばいい
市はどこで手に入れるの?} そうそう {答えは...
どこからでもない} そうだ クレジットがないと乗れないんだ
でも地下鉄はクレジットを調達する必要がないんです。
でも} でもクレジットを渡すまで引き落とすこともできないので
しかし、クレジットを引き落とすこともできません。
そのため、このようなことが起こるのです。
ドルを持っている人たち、つまり国や企業や個人が、ドルを使おうとすると、小切手が不渡りになったりします。
まさにマーフィー先生がおっしゃった通りです。一方、政府は逆の立場にあり、ドルを先に使うか、先に貸すかしなければなりません。
まず使ったり、貸したりして、回収しなければなりません。そして、彼らはこう言います。
内部関係者は、「準備金の追加なしに、準備金の流出はありえない」と言います。
追加することです。昔、すべての超過準備金が存在する前で、財務省が借金をしていた時、
財務省が借り入れを行い、FRBがレポ取引を行っていた時代には、準備金を追加しなければなりません。
回収する前に、まず使わなければなりません。これは単なる論理です。
論理のポイントです。{ボブ、それは...
それに対してどう思う?多くのオーストリア人はこう言うでしょう?
しかしウォーレンの主張は
ウォーレンは4ドルの支出を 必要としてるんだ} いいえ、そうではありません
{使ってから回収するんだ {そうだ
そう、使った後でないと集められないんだ。} そこが違うんです。だから
家計が困るのは、使う前にまず集めなければならないからです。
だから家計は困るのです。アメリカは変動相場制でそのような状態にはなりません。
アメリカは変動相場制ではそのような立場になることはできません。金本位制では、そうです。
金本位制では、そうです。政府が支出し、税金を払わなければ、金貨が不足し
債務不履行となり、制度が破綻します。
そうです。結局、通貨の価値が下がり、大惨事になります。

アルゼンチンや、98年のロシアで起こったように、外貨準備に裏打ちされた固定相場制が崩壊したのです。政府は、お金を使う前にまずお金を集めなければならないという、似たような立場に置かれています。かつて欧州の政府は、ギリシャがドラクマを最初に使うような立場にありました。ギリシャはまずドラクマを使い、それを回収していた。ギリシャはまずドラクマを使い、それから徴収していました。しかし、ギリシャは米国の州のような存在になり、ユーロを使う前にユーロを手に入れなければならなくなったため、大きな支払能力の問題が生じました。欧州中央銀行は先月、1兆ユーロを使いました。誰も「どこで手に入れたんだ?中国から借りたのか、それとも税金を払ったのか?彼らがしたことは、帳簿上の口座に入金することだけです。さて、過剰な支出、過剰な需要は、...{待て、待て!}を押し上げることができるでしょうか?ちょっと...ちょっと... 彼の答えを全部予想する前に、試しに...}ウォーレンに、「酒屋を襲うことに賛成ですか、彼は否定しませんでしたよ。♪* 笑い* . 憲法修正第5条があるんです!

 


ーーー
2013 Mosler MMT vs. Austrian School Debate
https://love-and-theft-2014.blogspot.com/2022/09/mosler-mmt-vs-austrian-school-debate.html @

元動画
MMT vs. Austrian School Debate
2013/06/20
1:03:38~




The Purpose Of Money Is To Provision Government (or, "How To Turn Litter...

Deficit Owls チャンネル


Right, so, say we're in a card game.

(Right) And I'm the scorekeeper.

It's like, how many points do I have?

I don't have any.

Well then how do I give you 100 points?

I just write them down in your account.

I write them down in your account.

Do I have fewer points?

No.

And then somebody else has a bad hand and I take points away.

Do I have more to give the next person?

No.

Somebody in the card game says, like, "well that's not right, I should be able to just

change my own score."

It's like, fine, you want to have a card game where people can change their own score?

It's not going to work.

It's not going to function.

You're not going to be able to provision the government.

The whole point of the monetary system...the initial point...what I would say, as a point

of logic the whole point - I know there are other points, lots of lobbyists have all kinds

of points - is to provision government.

You want to be able to move people and real resources from the private sector to the public

sector.

I like these people who get together and say "we hate government.

We're just going to get together ourselves, and we're going to do this."

Well that is government.

And so, you start off and you say, "we'd like to have an army, we would like to have a legal

system."

Well how do you get people to move from the private sector to the public sector?

You could ask for volunteers, doesn't really work all that well.

It's been tried.

The way that we do it - now, you might come up with a better way - is you slap on a tax

in something that nobody has, then in order to get the funds to pay that tax, you've got

to come to the government for them, and that way the government can spend its otherwise

worthless currency to provision itself.

So the way I like to do that - explain that - is I take out my business card here.

And I ask, "does anybody in this room want to buy -" and this is called, 'How To Turn

Litter Into Money' - "does anybody want to buy one of these cards for $100?

No, ok.

Does anybody want to stay afterwards and help vacuum the floor and clean the room?

I'll give you my cards.

No?

Oh by the way, there's only one door out of here, and my guy is out there with a 9-millimeter,

and you can't get out of here without one of these cards.

Can you feel the pressure now?

You are now unemployed.

In terms of my cards, you were not unemployed before.

You were not looking for a job that paid in my cards.

Now you're looking for a job that pays my cards, or you're looking to buy them from

somebody else who will take a job.

The difference between the issuer of the currency and the user of the currency.

Yeah, absolutely, and that's government.

And I'm not saying you can't come up with a better system.

(And the last thing, there's no one out there with a 9-millimeter?)

*Laughs* Yeah, in which case this thing goes from being money back to litter.

The difference between money and litter is whether there's the tax man.

The guy with the 9-millimeter is the tax man.

If you can't enforce tax collection, the value of the dollar goes to zero.


そうですね、では、カードゲームをしているとします。
(いいでしょう) そして私はスコアキーパーです。
「私は何点持っていますか?」みたいな感じだ。
持ってません
じゃあ、どうやって100点あげるの?
あなたのアカウントに書き込むだけです。
あなたの口座に記録します。
ポイントは少ないの?
いいえ
他の人が悪い手を出したら、私はポイントを取り上げる。
次の人に渡すためにもっと持っていますか?
いいえ
カードゲームの誰かがこう言うんだ 「それはおかしい、自分の点数を変えることができるはずだ
自分の点数を変えられるはずだ」と言うんです。
自分の点数を変えられるようなカードゲームをやりたいのか?
それはうまくいきません。
機能しないでしょう。
政府への資金供給ができなくなります。
通貨制度の全体的なポイント...最初のポイント...私が言いたいのは、論理的なポイントとしては
ロビイストはいろいろなことを言いますが、私が言いたいのは、論理的な点です。
他にもいろいろあると思いますが、ロビイストはいろいろな主張をしています。
民間部門から公共部門に人や資源を移動させることができるようにしたいのです。
民間部門から公共部門へ、人材や真のリソースを移動させることができるのです。
私は、「政府なんて嫌いだ」と言う人たちが集まるのが好きです。
政府は嫌いだ、自分たちで集まってこれをやるんだ」と言う人たちがいます。
それが政府です。
それで、「軍隊を持ちたい」「法体系を持ちたい」と言い出すわけです。
と言うわけです。
民間部門から公共部門に移る人をどうやって集めればいいのでしょうか?
ボランティアを募るという手もありますが、それほどうまくはいきません。
これまでにも試されてきました。
私たちがやっている方法は、もっといい方法を思いつくかもしれませんが、誰も持っていないものに税金をかけるという方法です。
誰も持っていないものに税金をかけ、その税金を払うための資金を得るために、政府に頼みに行かなければならない。
その税金を払うための資金を得るためには、政府にその資金を求めなければなりません。
そうすれば、政府は価値のない通貨を使って、自分たちを養うことができます。
そこで、私は名刺を出して説明します。
そして、「この部屋で誰か買いたい人はいますか?
この名刺を100ドルで買いたい人はいますか?
いや、いいですよ。
このあと残って、床に掃除機をかけたり、部屋を掃除したりするのを手伝いたい人はいるかな?
私のカードを差し上げます。
ダメ?
ところで、ここから出るには、ドアが一つしかないんだ。俺の部下が9ミリ口径銃を持っているんだ。
このカードがないと、ここから出られない。
今、プレッシャーを感じますか?
あなたは今失業中です。
私のカードで言えば、あなたは以前は失業者ではありませんでした。
私のカードで支払われる仕事を探していたわけではないのです。
今、あなたは私のカードで支払える仕事を探しています。
他の誰かから買うかだ。
通貨の発行者と通貨の使用者の違いですね。
ええ、絶対にそうです。それが政府です。
もっといいシステムができないとは言いません。
(最後に、9ミリを持った人はいないんですか?)
*笑* そう、その場合、これはお金からポイ捨てに戻ります。
お金とゴミの違いは、税金がかかるかどうかです。
9ミリ口径銃を持ってるのは税務署員だ。
徴税を強制できないなら、ドルの価値はゼロになる。

。。。

right.
so let's say we're in a card game.

 right.

and I'm the scorekeeper it's like how many points do I have I don't have any all right well then how do I give you 100 points so I just write them down in your account I write them down in your account okay and then you lose do I have fewer points no and then somebody else has a bad hand.
 and I take points away do I have more to give to the next person no somebody in the card game says like well that's not right I should be able to just change my own score click fine you want to have a card game where people can change their own score.
 it's not going to work it's not going to function you're not going to be able to provision the government the whole point of the monetary system the initial point or what I would say as a point of logic the whole point.
 I know there are other points a lot of lots of lobbyists have all kinds of points in their monitor is to provision government. okay.
you want to be able to move people from the private sector move real resources from the private sector to the public sector people get together I like these people get together.
 and say I we hate government we're just going to get together ourselves and agree to do this well that is government right and so you start off and you say we'd like to have an army we would like to have a legal system well how do you get people to move from the private sector to the public sector.
 you could ask for volunteers doesn't really work all that well it's been tried the way that we do it now that might come up with a better way as you slap on attacks and something that nobody has.
and then in order to get the funds to pay that tax you've got to come to the government form.
 and that way the government can spend it's otherwise worthless currency to provision itself the way.
 I like to do that to explain that is I take out my business card here.
 and I ask is anybody in this room want to buy and this is called how to turn litter into money does anybody want to buy one of these cards or a hundred dollars no okay.
 does anybody want to stay afterwards and help vacuum the floor and clean the room.
 I'll give you my cards no oh by the way there's only one door out of here and my guy is out there with a nine millimeter and you can't get out here without one of these cards can you feel the pressure now.
you are now unemployed you are not in terms of my cards you are not unemployed before you did not you were not looking for a job that paid in my cards.
now you're looking for a job that pays my cards are you looking to buy them from somebody else who take a job that pays in my cards.

モズラー:
そうです、カードゲームに例えてみましょう。
司会:
いいでしょう。
モズラー:
私はスコアキーパーです。私は何点持っていますか?私は1点も持っていません。では、どうやって100点あげますか?私はあなたの口座に書き留めます。
 カードゲームの誰かが、それはおかしい、自分の点数を変更できるようにするべきだ、と言っています。
 それはうまくいかないし、機能しない。政府を動かすこともできない。
 他にもポイントはありますが、多くのロビイストが、彼らのモニターにあらゆる種類のポイントを持たせているのは、政府を供給するためです。
民間部門から公共部門に人を移動させ、民間部門から公共部門に実際のリソースを移動させることができるようにしたい。
 そして、軍隊を持ちたい、法制度を持ちたいと言い出す。
 しかし、そのようなことはうまくいきません。
そして、その税金を払うための資金を得るためには、政府のフォームに来なければならない。
 そうすれば、政府は無価値な通貨を使って、自分たちに道を用意することができるのです。
 私は名刺を出して説明するのが好きなんです。
 そして、この部屋で誰か買いたい人はいるかと尋ねると、これは「ゴミをお金に変える方法」と呼ばれています。
 この後、部屋に残って掃除機をかけたりするのを手伝ってくれる人はいますか?
 私のカードを差し上げます。ああ、ところで、ここから出るにはドアが一つしかないのですが、私の部下が9ミリ口径銃を持っていて、このカードがなければここから出ることはできませんよ。
あなたは失業中です。
今、あなたは私のカードで支払われる仕事を探しています。あなたは私のカードで支払われる仕事を取る誰かからそれを買うために探しています。


~~~

and of course the 60 Minutes guys floored.

 I I sent us that guy to 30 years in the electric chair.

Becouse why?

you know he's demanding the ability to counterfeit uh you know fine he knows there's no counterfeiting allowed.
I mean that's you know knows or should have known that you're not allowed to counterfeit money he's committed fraud for his employees he's a user of the currency.
he can't spend it until after he gets it he's not the issuer.
and that's that's how the game is set up.
you know you could be playing in a poker game and say hey this is not fair give me the deck and let me put any cards I want in my hand.

 so the follow-up I guess that uh is if it's fraud when a person does it.
why is it okay when the government does it.

Bob do you want to uh you get you can have one more


60ミニッツの連中は驚いたよ

 あいつを30年間電気椅子に座らせたんだ

なぜか?

彼は偽造の能力を要求している......偽造が許されないことを彼は知っているんだ。
彼は従業員のために詐欺を働いたのです 彼は通貨の使用者です
通貨を手に入れた後でないと 使えないのです 彼は発行者ではありません
それがゲームの仕組みだ
ポーカーで遊んでいて、これは不公平だ、山札をくれ、好きなカードを手札に入れられるようにしろ、と言うかもしれませんね。

 だから、そのフォローアップとして、個人がやると詐欺になるのなら
政府がやるとなぜいいんだ?
ボブもうひとついるかい?




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿