2020年12月11日金曜日

godley 2

what is strange in the way is that got to the point in your life when you decided you weren't going to be an oboist a professional / wrist and we're going to have find out how quickly you transferred to what seems to the general public to be about the opposite most far I remember many years ago and the scale nough said did you know when used to be an oboist I said no it couldn't be i mean economists that people with no soul no no ascetics so there seems nothing in the preparation apart from the fact that you did great WS found him he was the bed yes but how was it but you now well I had a very difficult time I mean it was a very very tough time and stayed tougher around him because as he hollered was I in Nanjing last concert had prayed he was in now g52 right in the end in a 26 in about 26 and the like handbag and then I fell in love with my wife his face a lot between this is your current wife Kitty a little one yet tell tell us just at work about kitty because of course she's from every he was said by Lucian Freud possibly you oh but not only separated but but she was done she had two little children and I met her at party as you would as you might be London passing him by Freddie air.
and so we said that was a big thing for an element of that period as you can imagine and I spent a lot of that here very having pretend we went around and we went to France and I tried to write my notes a terrible failure I mean I'd never tried to give you publish bit but I tried very hard and then eventually I realized that I had got to get a dog you didn't mention her father oh no I we had her father was very genial and his name jacob epstein yes he was very upset as I don't know what impression you get off him but he was a very genial man in an ordinary company he was very Mary who heads flashing your eyes and he made that best of me and adding five sitting this is a bus that what happened to it and the bus it but there were two versions on it wrong as an all-important bathroom I've got one I gave it to my daughter the other one he allowed to the caliper and pushes on the top of said Michael of all the angels which stands down on the Clifford Contras eadral as I think he's quite recognizable.
and you've never had someone coming up and say oh I've seen you somewhere before but if by hell they do know and that was what how can I do 50 age who um yes that was very very fascinated you Washington one who L unit and I was imagine if you read a bust as you started with a thing like a football who then cuz it then it started with a lot of little sausages and an hour church consistent simply of a post with a cross a test they LED strips again and they led tiny strips until it became solid and swim on the exterior constrained yes so you build it up problems another never took anything off it's the opposite of sculptural exactly what you said you mentioned that you you seem to have had a very lovely year with kitty and yes but you said it was also a very difficult time oh well just because I wasn't getting anywhere Glen 26 hammer got a job I didn't know what I go to do so then it was again pws elders who got me an interview with that executive one in the in the metal box company which is a camera that made tin cans and seaside pens which branch were you in I was a thing for infants death and any because people don't help you then it really but Andrews really did help me he got me this interview and I got a dog 60 pounds a month they'll only drove an absolutely no knowledge of or less forgotten a bit in stats was it it rias informational suggesting yeah um.
but I find I felt very much humiliated by the insignificance of the job I held and what do you do is it Kristen welcome especially when you were mixing with people they yeah Kitty's background nvidia yeah Matthew Smith um anyway and then because he noticed an adverse was in his statement people have you free columnist field Treasury so I applied for this job I've been spotting up they were only cause then I been spotting out the left on income how to measure in reading a bit but they were wear to an interview which is fun day did happen that I knew about something said Robert do the Robert Hall who was the crew chief he know me apprised of him and I happened to know about the price of tin working in the metal box I mean it was there to know about pressure said they didn't make tin plate but you had to know both always get to turn and press it anyway um I got this lowly job and that would have been in Asia 56 I went into the EPS I made the bus for me in February in 1956 and I went in in march to the and then you're very low positions you've imagined and then I worked where did and a bouncer didn't feel quite so humiliated except on occasion what we had to do and what luo chrissie said i had to do was to interpret more or less for all figures for the for the for use by the government having wife was easy and what the future would be and there was an array of economists and statisticians other departments who fed you with the more or less or they turn our own interpretation road and then i had to write a report on cement say what has happened along was gained her and then do a big forecasting xsn then once every have a look every six month I wish the budget will be best and mrs. would be pleased tons and as time passed and other people left I became question expert I mean how many years past I was promoted and then considerably well who the big change in my life professional life was in about nineteen sixty 450 went well to back up this a bit I went because they required all is not undigested knowledge then I went for a couple of years so the National Institute of the government and I write them a lot of pieces which were published them on particular things I said quite a little humble team back to me sell price indexes island and that's great they were quite a hit of the time and people refer to the news them and when I went back to the Treasury that is it all changed it was the neighborhood and then I met Nikki Calvin the first 10 and then as it turned out of a very big event in my name anywhere I made this for the close relationship with him and I did one or two quite important quite spectacular I mean they were spectacular by their nature I don't know if you could another thing called the Selective employment tax but it was very important in that the emphasis 1966 when I had to create the statistical system for levying attacked just complicated you because had to raise that woman as many in one win and pay it back um and then the following interest evaluation and I did all the texts but how big the evaluation should be a one trouble should be worth word and then I was considered to be a sort of coming members and done all these very strictly Treasuries in successfully and I had a good working knowledge of the economy shall part was measured and what was likely to happen to it so true hello and i think it was very flimsy had a very flimsy basis in theories were you interested in macro theory I mean were you drawing on the work of canes on yeah well we thought we were rude but it couldn't be used in any there wasn't cool to just tendon we had our own way of modeling the economy grew as I said that he was seriously inadequate but in principle it was Keynesian food it was carrying his spirit food at him so then Nikki was him was his doing he was very persuasive and at very persistent but he persuaded me to leave subs an undersecretary try to senior position and I was very well established in life had a beautiful house in London they persuaded me to come to cambridge thumb I'm sorry to say from a personal point of view I regard that as being by a very long when first is another de the worst was well we'll come to that but can you tell us more about Nikki I mean at some point whether this show like point I met him towards the end of his life I and obviously didn't get to know him at all well but and what was he it's a very large man yes sideways anyway not well kid my mom very good I don't know about the physiology of this but he told me there were three types there was a thought actor domes and and our terms and meso tones and acted in self ecto made the bones and Skelton and America and meso met that made those is simply and which correspond to Henry the fifth Hamlet in heaven heaven heaven fifth halibut and foster and Nikki was the unique or staff head oh is it who thought with his gut and and you that was a very good so good thing to say about him because although he's you could always in the very end you could pin him down to the logical an argument his up his answers flowed from his body as a prophecy had never negative we never thought who he spoke or hesitate he emanated he imitated thought and I mean use the one versatile they've been touch was genius in a true sense that he had kind of unlimited intake and output when you say the one person one economist what he called the jilted Mattie well William clock those are both in relation to use those there any other tool is integer here's one of the three academic see Matt oh well we're in block was not an accident performing moved on yeah because it was also placed following well so what getting back to why Cambridge is such a disaster Oh / liberty settled he was very persuasive and he would never give up and he you sooner than he used to go to sleep because he slipped in the permanency career monster was a famine secretary very much respect and used to sleep at meetings of the top Treasury officials and he was extremely greedy we used to have used to go to seven that was when callahan was he was children under the story i have about that repeat he used to used to go to winners in him his her her and he always had this particular kind of sold at a lot of clean clothes and he was very very much and honored the Callahans but something to do with deprived children said it's devilish and because he was eating this clearly so fat in a very crazy way I started to kid him that he wasn't me how this is here and that cause hips supposed to two teeth and she wanted to prove to and didn't care and then a stream of Tears kinder one-sided as his mouth Kim three Michelin Man attended horrible emulsion on his chin mmm it made it sort of something conveys what it might have been like it mr. be in his company who he was he loved loved her I was usually at his own jokes the lump rides over and he has his realities and I mean economic food as well as being very creative Colin soap yes well my arrival in here at melon how did he contrived a position for you at Cambridge with all who could resist him and once he gets onto an appointment committee Hebrew because there were other people that's better what what appointment was it director of the Department of bloody hell on how that plays soleal type rude daughter because you see he won't be not only to be department chairs about he also wanted me to be a fellow of Kings group as he was on the appointments committee he knew that I was new to let him the whole body else knew so he immediately went to him and each said right what year is this this is snot in sand same year as i was elected to King's right anyway you want to see the world the prophus all your quota was full nevertheless Edmund immediately wrote to me that of the derived simultaneous with the publication result say if you wear hang around from this thing forget your fellowship machines because it Charlie comes really today that I am spiritually proto business group and I wrote back say thank you very much i love to hang around from in the next post came to Nessus my overheads devising ways against him so please him put me in a way Oh felt very well couldn't and I had nothing I had no particular wish to be king anyway that was a great embarrassment to do with that would how was it sorted out uh was sorted out that's Robin you see in berk he'll let he give you a name like both go through closed the bathroom ask me as though weekend and enjoy his good fun but I Chris master of weapon Pita Pit have yet and prevaricated eldon in the end I decided to do one came to be bound round play badminton transfer complete absolutely in problem but went back to purchase a doctor in her because then he'd thought he didn't need in one week I predict but I can tell you how embarrassing horrible is over and being used to the Treasury where which is an entirely hierarchical organization but as they're United in purpose and all very clever people you know what aware of any pretto concert ever with trivial exception well I i came to carry two posing as the rectal Department of egg so long as people who do was a television but not a bit of it I mean all they thought of in relation to me was that they preserve their jobs because there's no none of the man tell you he was it was on soft funding either yet and then the structural the pointman structural it was very questionable because senior in bekasi by president they were so anxious about me thinking that I would try to do them down this is bursting so it was difficult to see before me see how I could join you Mademoiselle how many people were there our 30 group today and the appointment committee of the development was the committee of management and they all went to the previous than a director who was burned railway and said tell me can you see if godly will use the right of theme of the of the committee of measurement to a co-op members to allow them to cook co-op people that we elect um so right away put this to me in a very neutral way he'd never tolerate any I've seen him he was director well though as the committee management was also the appointment with you I was sort of structurally in a very very bad position because these gun long-tenured people were fully operational and very highly motivated and nuns of the employment committee to a short tenant you dumped I was in complained to the general board and they didn't move anyway I was very own computer for no reason i know that i could see um I didn't I wish them well um but it was a very uncomfortable feeling about you and they've also try and then there were very difficult members of the assistant stuff or real trouble my assistant stuff young computing people that sort of thing who for no trouble nation so I'm so happy it's like that and very soon group wished you hadn't made the lead yes I'm very dearly designers but who very very I thought it's too feeble to do that the harbor and the lies she act properly trained asleep on this as people would recognize I mean I wouldn't be able to pass part one room and play early have my Treasury experience but that I did have and I had a lot of things to to ratify reference as I was special advisor to the parliamentary committee on dealing the public expenditure Iranian president has been three years us now ND nothing I was sort of holy incompetent there was a lot of policy material the timers and you're a great healer good and I all showed you that the economy was very badly covered in the public discussion and I knew more than ever the journalist you at that time so I thought well well I shall start doing is to do my Treasury were too humid above the belly Hugh and that was very successful and at least the other cell said he got a lot of coverage in his papers and Frances crips who I think caldo as a genius follow these clips was that is the actual sort of clever Elizabeth II golems and no no he left his job in the faculty he is head attendant bird and came and worked untenured as an ordinary you can i call mr. and above and then we started a thing together call the cambridge economic policy group which produced reports evelyn bulletin done in cambridge alkoxy group which were evaluations of the economic situation and prospect to begin with special reference to public expenditure and public finance well which to begin with was heading accuracy was very successful dist reasonably we did but we will rather in the limelight in it was a lot of coverage in prep and times in particular and in the financial time I was very friendly with the name peacefully jealous of that time bomb and Frances built her among an elaborate models the British economy which we used to make projections you've got a nice big grant from me as LC as it was and we certainly did yet 103 of the tourney big turning points right and they in 74 in flesh energy 75 and he collapse of the economy after Santa 980 who were unpopular I would say almost everybody very pessimistic about the medium term future and very seriously entertain possibility of protection as an economic strategy which of course is very unpopular with the colonies and anyway then we have what we had had a staff of about eight so we also wrote pieces about regional policy and about the world Frances also built a world mobile pages which were just beginning to use and then came yesterday because the sslc to understand when it came to bring you in a big front there was a very serious flaw in their procedure which is that they did consultants they didn't play a site visit so there was no possible they didn't put any adverse proposition you wouldn't do that now in think they close things any great precautions for legal entanglement so you were just unfortunate at the time well this is quite a fun story about closes groups as tamati Kellerman here where I was I went back to the Treasury free year as he said to her and I wanted to get a piece of computing ton photo proof sent a third piece of modeling work to be done in computers Howard Francis with the equation and I just see him he went back in his room prophecy came out for the computer book and he put it in darkanian's there for seconds so as the subject was terribly secret and didn't actually worthy new belgium and what it was that don't say it's human ana star center sold one so we're back to the Treasury with his program hello after i took it where they had at in all his computer sanity and then i came into the room for five days later they had produced the answer so what up to listen to it keeps going or why didn't produce held we can't understand what you think i understand because I'm still her it was so said put it into the computer and get the answer and they put it in the LC came in and they were never able to understand um well I'm advised dead and gone tell them that Roger that our computing system was antiquated in Venice that and Latin Tate's a knob street food was absolutely brilliant a very magic in Riyadh and the other thing of course was of not one of the consortium as I've actually built along who there were people there a telemetry she's proven sort of people so a helluva never cause a substantial of course and that really was a catastrophe because it meant that the group was broken up not to mention the fact that I mean we were very publicly how many issue as a whole thing and Frances left I went to Thailand virtually never hello them but they all got good jobs there were tons what date with it there was nineteen eighty-two group she Francis research firm I never learned to do to touch a computer so i had to stop Jay mod leave on my own and I had three years I'm still direct in the department a lot of very much reduced scale really that's another whole story like that but I started till then logging taught myself only and I graduate education of all of a certain kind of multi I became reasonably expert now in the nineteen seventy eight well really knows you sent it home I started I started of a line of research into macroeconomic theory i hadn't i had an inside i had suffered a machine inside about how the home on the economy as a whole was put together and I started to write for about his own in and she says here and then the one was a size from the economy watch it watching pages for the air started to raise it up try to raise it up and Frank offered me a ruler of the books which is sister book or macro economics which is supposed to be a guy to macroeconomics maker easily which aided by the large fields is broad and 21 and I started to write up an account and Frances joins in with me and we published this book and it came on stream this about the time of the day but with E um the day box with me were the year so seriously as they suffer and it came out at the nineteen eighties 83 the public but only about six people thought that it was the work of genius had a thought rivers but in the boat was really that it was not completed anywhere near it completely thought out the model closures and who but I then had a I'm not deterred by belief in the fundamental one fundamental idea but from 1980 sphere then having it had a very fruitful year in demo and soon after I came back from delmar pay every time oh I'm coming too determined and I went to the state where I faithful to Nadine landing a rover was well-paid techno dude no teaching and I continued where was not a bad who they have an economics easy to tell but I continued doggedly with these two aspects of my work while was writing about whatever economy i was in and I became familiar with the United States even and started writing pieces which strategic pieces of the American economy which my employers like but simultaneously I was evolving a new version of the book substantial and making all novels myself well that was incredibly dangerous he the other they were changes which may shock him was I started to really understand the sort of economics that most beautiful teach variation is a clue and in that I was very much assisted by a man who mail what a fellow called an wash 8 who is a professor at the new school and we used to have a brainstorming sessions on the neoclassical synthesis which went on for hours and hours and days and days and weeks a week and in the end I came to what I now believe real proper understanding of the system of ideas that had been opposed to a low-cost kalanchoe hope you noticed but i Kenned my own version of how to oppose it I me how to set it out properly which in the sense was also a whey protein own so these two things came on so taneously a positive a positive statement and the negatives tended and I started writing up the positive statement in in bits and pieces which got published and then I had the great good fortune to for that handling am using my head let her from Ottawa from a man called luck loved one and he wrote me an e-mail say we are for full professors and we cannot equip understand equation actually no paper on Saturday so I wrote back saying what instead it was has a very bad mistaken and so um he came to see me and we got on there and he agreed to co-author the book I was then sort of moral death halfway through very deeply sympathetic and he could scholar and a good manager for lungs had a very nice bent and that's what I've been doing ever since except you see I've got the book the book came out last just happened to something just over a year ago godly and love are cold monetary economics Kings when I came to it was as full of economists and Edmond used to complain about having too many economists yeah obviously most formidable apart from Nikki was well they're very old was Richard Karn yes what was he like well i'm fraid i couldn't get on with him in any real see the other for those all the greatest story in itself is how it came about but the economist's most closely associated with canes of whom Carol and not one but the world John Robinson on rigid car and to throw fur and in indirect has lead and passionate even or doesn't it well doesn't it is him is it Julia person yeah but Nikki became part of it would well don't know that he's much personally involved weekends but there was a hole and Stanfill food under it a man who my opinion by rail Richards don't get view under AG by his Cambridge for him but he's very powerful genuinely very powerful minded people who was the direct descendants of james but they were important individually and collectively they were vain they didn't sponsor other people's were they are quarrelsome they they wanted to be the one and they left no legacy there was not a legend leave a coherent body of work this is a very important part of my own story their new a lot of colors ideas but there's no Cal Dorian textbook there's no synthesis low post chaise in synthesis which tells you from beginning to end what the first Keynesian view is as to how the economic system it's all in bits and pieces are brilliant his head well to come back to your actual question I've found there Richard Conte very difficult to talk to and out of course until robinson two very opinionated ebay listen not really not one tiny met Jane Robinson once he didn't really she seemed to be interested in what she was talking about it well there's are all great tragedy they were all very gifted and not saying they were but there weren't people to help you along the road they wanted all of them to be the one but they didn't do the thing which and complain you know which is to produce a coherent statement of how the whole economy one was another important figure there is koletzki who was not one who thought most only who he thought thought of himself imagine a tailored with in cambridge okay well he was often on in cambridge I don't know how much these are his performance so um I am in great danger of making hostages to fortune but even to speak on this tree I mean they're going to speak any other way I believe myself we're back i want to have made a statement of the alternative economics which is enough at least four other people to build in and to rehabilitate me i didn't bother to call it the true because i don't know much became not canes himself but there is another body there is another way of thinking about the autonomy other than the very influential standard new traffic original american war gerade and that's to say but in the Army sammelsohn Patinkin through for a good stuff who from their version of but image is an amazing fact that there are two paradigms who deeply ah stottah well known and the first Cajun one has been largely ratty for the time being by both with regard to teaching appointments publications other way people think and burbridge the pockets of resistance and also places pretend I'm not even they've been written out of the literature and what I believe myself to have done is to rehabilitate that in a way that none of those people would actually done when he didn't do it and they think they would doesn't have time what is the implication can you spell it out again well it is a different ages an altogether different way of thinking oh but it has got political and I suppose the main political implication is that the market is king I mean if you that the less the government does the more we will allow the market to function freely service that may mean that is the author love you can I just come back to the other side of or part of the side of your life in Cambridge which we haven't talked about which is Kings yes you were elected of profits Oriole fellow after that difficult beginning and one or two people who we both knew and it'd be interesting to have your views on the first was one you mention the provost at the time Edmund leach how did you get on with Edmund I loved him and I got on extremely well with him what more can I say he was a slide Z well he was an erratic who figure he could be bad tempered and to anything but I didn't care about it to me he was always generous in churches and funny and loving that's the thing you know Celia at all I did who I knew there was a couple as well food and choose a a very attractive compliment to him then did you think he was an original thinker or perhaps it was outside your view entirely is right outside my field food but I didn't entirely i suppose i should say trust his view so I was a clear identified I mean I'm speaking as such an amateur who my knowledge is so trivial but I didn't know this tremendous emphasis on cooking and eating and I couldn't I mean they've been a throuple logical books a general whether they're kosher with you like the mana which is really i mean like patterns and culture who the books would have really changed my life did it no but because i was locked into logical positivism who thought that life could have a meaning apart from chopping up meetings where they were using names rightly her in a group and the really were interesting things to learn about about other people who which could not be chopped up in the logical status of propositions who so that did have read a lot of by reverend thesis as a pastor who there is no question in Spellman's mother Kingsman who you mentioned was a best friend and professor yet with the seventh professor of English literature Frank commode my dear friend is tell me something about Frank well um I play squash with him every week for about 30 years no way of better way of getting to know somebody exactly I don't know the piece I wrote about him in that who little volume I called him I just called the opponent and and he he certainly was quite a tough opponent who is more athletic than you might suppose I mean I'm not enough but he often beat me who and she was very competitive and he simply I had a row with him once because I had to lie down and I was out of shape through and I lay lay down i say give her the game blows up to those and then when we started again and i won the next four points and sort of what i said all right but he was really close that's only time I've seen him really angry because I won by stealth was reminded who he liked away and although he was so he's so modest in us in everywhere but he liked to win was that mention could happen as a scholar as is called what a wonderful thing about here is that you always knew everything he never made me feel small for not being as much as he did he had been specified and quarter to half of the time we talked about literature music which he also knows what he does not about everything um state would company very sweet simply but you were saying rather surprising me unsure of himself really amazingly running or was it tell the story of a unit well that's a very good example of how and how low esteem he holds himself it was when I used to have browser on the board of directors at home garden had access to the Royal Box I asked him to come to dinner and see one of the big founder operas and not get to drive him and pass it down to the Opera heads and when it was getting always too late he had to come I rang him up said where are you and it turned out that what has happened was he come to my house knocked on the door not immediately receives an answer and assumed that we'd gone without him absolutely stone hehe amazing who were we would have done such a thing so who got him at a speed or whether authorized of bread but we got there old again good evening you mentioned their music which came up a lot in that at the beginning I mean you came to a college which is quite famous for its music did you enjoy that side of kings Oh not ready because I wasn't probably always so I was a player so apart from play two or three concerts with David Wilcock and it is his day here just before he left hmm which I enjoyed very much particularly a performance of the Brahms Requiem has a marvelous hobo party I knew he was a difficult man who was a diff men to connect to follow with it or he was one of those people circular these and he couldn't find the downbeat your watch yeah i asked steve avery 22 invite me to play as the last time i played it so seriously and i asked him not for the deco play lacrosse it with you have a dozen one weekend where the skulls are away who in the set of evensong evans can tata clothing and i asked him if I could play so they parted bark at them and for the whole term of the United States Oh practically every single day at practice he almost got up to a point some sort of something i neva be ashamed that's about the last but he's another man who is so modest in his manner oh yes you wanna kiss because he has a wonderful be room and he knew how to test for the balance agree wonderfully efficient through a performer who will acquire mystery yes indeed coming coming back to King's The Brady only talked about Frank and Edmund whether any other people you were close to Adrian Adrian would mmm has been my real friend it was an economics research fellow in me yes 70th wasn't a thorough and he was his extremely clever man now the word he did as an under the beauty student is still alive and part of the literature quoted as a separate source in Mabel and my other friends of crystal Prendergast who is a close friend of mine but we don't worry chattel about the stock market but he doesn't have any knowledge of who those of the main people you were saying we were mentioning i was mentioning that i was hoping to write something about cambridge and you said oh yes but there was a coder oh I said well I message had it all that may be difficult to understand it had like a character a baby I'm not sure I didn't say I smell oh yes a or alright as a feeler about it hmm which is unlike any other thing and very unlike Oxford it goes boom and very much less friendly so far as it doesn't suggest that they aren't friendly atmosphere did you have people walk past her without looking at your home kitty was saying the same thing as now we both felt it very much hmm i miss you i think more even before however superglue she's kit is not academic at all and didn't have any formal education after assess name but she's extremely well-read and a very interesting she's very interesting about what she reads true but you couldn't talk to anyone to boom cuz it's a faster man people wouldn't listen hmm so you you didn't have a real sense of fellowship at kings I can't send it we had a little bitter towards the beginning of the time I was there there was a group of people who who are married together Charles open karenina and Adrian those historic Marty Lyons there yes I knew Martin for me aware he was elected the same time as I was we were a merry group mom Tammy gut now he was here is not part of their group it was the same time and in John Donne john Dunn I gotten a much later boom as he's been very dear friend Phyllis having looked at economic and other trends over the last 30 40 years do you think we are doomed doomed yes I mean that's the same population ecology tetra tetra yes well I I certainly think how that's correctional system with exactly just what I said I certainly don't think it will happen all by itself the market forces are not going to solve the problem who knows he'll make it as is usually so some great process of well it happens naturally one actually with some active will call it collaboration with the world's problems of which I'm serious will not be solved by market forces event we've a prison we plan something else has to be done from the man two very good ABS if you a good question to ask and I what's going on now what seems like a baby well it is a relatively major crisis who but it has come about because Oh of deregulation the banking and financial sisters have been deregulated used to be controls along these things that sound Lawson there's any much people don't remember really but there are no financial system is deregulated in the edges and if it haven't been as I think we'd be in this mess well was there any moving in the search social been selling moving in very reluctantly move and my opinion home vote in enough yet to see as though the other huge question is the shift of economic and political power eastwards towards China and Japan and so on but I don't use hit the people doesn't really got into people's consciousness you know other declared of America exactly I mean particularly mm the double process one going down and one going up quite fast very fast I mean each estimate of the time at which the Chinese economy will catch up with America get shorter and shorter you know it used to be 2050 or 2060 now it's you know within a generation or less and having been to China or a lot recently I've seen what's happening it's just out of this world and did you spend any time in outside European America very much.
and I have most of my professional or loss of them in LA on Saturday hmm sounds like your grandfather who ran India from Whitehall you sound a bit like the famous remark attributed to Sir James Fraser when asked if he'd ever met any of the natives on trinity high table and fearing loss of face he said god forbid so um give me that book I want to show which one is it the one right at the end because we had the option to do I want to show you what she loved taking his plan in the office this is back to your grandfather is that a portrait of him we'll get him a very nice picture of him isn't it a good face and move strong nomas and in many ways the most one of the most influential people in your lives in your life.
but I think of him every day well what he was just a diversion boom well I think that's a very nice note to end on so thank you very much indeed win that was love.
英語 (自動生成)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿