| ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||
2022/05/28 ケルトン The 4th Annual MMT Conference Andrés Bernal 🇨🇴🇺🇸 @andresintheory
@mmtconference
MMT Conference
2022年05月28日(土) 13:00
は
2022年05月29日(日) 03:00
転送されたメッセージ:
Fwd: The 4th Annual MMT Conference
差出人: The Lens with Stephanie Kelton <stephaniekelton@substack.com>
日時: 2022年5月28日 20:50:38 JST
宛先:
件名: The 4th Annual MMT Conference
返信先: The Lens with Stephanie Kelton
The 4th Annual MMT Conference
Good morning!
Today I'm working on the follow-up to yesterday's post. It went out to paid subscribers last evening, but it is scheduled to go to everyone in the next hour or so.
I'm also going to participate in the 4th Annual MMT Conference. The event is entirely virtual this year. It's also free and open to the public. You can explore the program and view past discussions/presentations here.
I'll be in conversation with MMT scholar and law professor Rohan Grey (you'll remember him from this post and this appearance with Jon Stewart) at 1:00 pm ET. If you'd like to listen live, you can register here.
Thanks for subscribing to The Lens. This post is public, so feel free to share it.
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||
MMT Conference
@
Happening now! We’ll be live tweeting from this thread.
ツイートを翻訳
引用ツイート
MMT Conference
@
· 5月24日
Saturday, May 28th, 1:00 PM EST [Keynote] @StephanieKelton, talking about where we go from here. Register at https://events.modernmoney.network/event/26/
このスレッドを表示
午前2:05 · 2022年5月29日·Twitter for iPhone
Q: what do you consider to be the key pivotal moments in your MMT journey?
A: a lot has happened! Starting with a phone call from Senator Sanders. That was one of those moments where when it became public that this was happening, I remember the articles saying “Sanders hires deficit owl”.
It was unsettling for a lot of people because, here comes MMT to Washington DC.
Lawmakers could, if they were willing to engage, see the world very differently.
Over the years, what we’ve seen, and it’s take a lot of time - we’ve all seen the shift in thinking.
Q: are there any ingredients that you think made MMT more successful than its brethren - any things you can think of that we do differently than explain this trajectory?
A: I think that saying something that captivates people because it is so different than what they have heard all their lives - we didn’t come from the ivy’s, we banded together and amplified one another’s voices.
It was really the financial journalists who took the early interest in our work. A handful were willing to take MMT seriously and wrestle with their own understanding of how things work.
Why didn’t this happen with other post-Keynesian movements?
There is an appetite for something that goes beyond - sort of at the margins criticizing and critiquing our system. We can think bigger.
We’re willing to say things others aren’t, and willing to be more honest. People respond well to that.
Q: what are some things that we could have done differently?
A: I’m thinking between policy side and the academic side - one of the things that I think is regrettable is the visions in the academic, broader post Keynes - for whatever reason, some started becoming antagonistic. It would’ve been nice to have the community stay together.
Q: MMT is a paradigm - you ask one big question: what is money? And it leads you to all sorts of different things. Are there elements or dimensions of the broader MMT paradigm that have received relatively little public attention?
A: we’ve always felt like one of the great strengths has been demonstrating that we put forward a superior understanding of monetary operations, and that’s very hard to put in front of the general public.
Stephanie: I always try and prioritize students - these are the ones we always say yes to, this is the future! I always make time for students writing a paper on the jobs guarantee or MMT.
I’m not interested in preaching to the choir, I don’t look for speaking opportunities where I walk into a super friendly group. I like to walk into the lions den, where the audience is opposed to virtually everything.
Stephanie gives a shoutout to
@NathanTankus
and the work he’s doing!
Q: Are there any insights on navigating being so many different things to different people?
A: I am a progressive, and I’m proud of it. I go in and you may emphasize different things to different audiences, but I don’t try and hide anything or pull any punches.
I flew from Chicago to West Virginia, and I didn’t change a word. I talked to a union group and auto executives, and it was a different audience but I gave the same talk and got the same reception.
You have to be willing to say yes a lot, and to a lot of things you might not see the value in - with the end goal being where it is, you have to pass through some of these other motions to get to the end point. I say yes to groups not thinking how is this yes going to help me.
@wbmosler
used to say - once you’ve got them arguing about inflation, you’ve already won. And now you’re hard pressed to find someone who will push back on the argument that the government can’t afford to do x,y,z.
I think that what the press likes is availability - knowing there’s someone out there willing to speak, and to be able to speak in a way that isn’t trying to show everyone how smart you are all the time.
MMTカンファレンス
ハプニング発生中! このスレッドからライブツイートします。
引用
MMTカンファレンス
@
- 5月24日
5月28日(土)1:00 PM EST [基調講演] @StephanieKelton ここからどうするかについて話しています。登録はこちらから https://events.modernmoney.network/event/26/
午前2:05 - 2022年5月29日
MMTカンファレンス
Q: MMTの旅で重要な瞬間は何だと思われますか?
A:いろいろありましたね~。サンダース上院議員からの電話から始まって。あれは、このことが公になったとき、「サンダースが赤字のフクロウを雇った」という記事が出たのを覚えています。
ワシントンDCにMMTがやってくるということで、多くの人が不安になった。
議員たちは、もし参加しようと思えば、世界をまったく違った角度から見ることができるだろう。
何年もの間、私たちが見てきたもの、それは多くの時間を要するものですが、私たちは皆、考え方の変化を目にしてきました。
Q: MMTが同業他社よりも成功したと思う材料はありますか。この軌跡を説明するために、私たちが違うことをしていると考えられることはありますか?
私たちはアイビー校出身ではなく、団結して互いの声を増幅させたのです。
私たちの研究に早くから関心を寄せていたのは、本当に金融ジャーナリストたちでした。ほんの一握りの人々は、MMTを真剣に受け止め、物事の仕組みについて自分自身の理解と格闘することを望んでいました。
なぜ他のポストケインジアンの運動ではこうならなかったのでしょうか?
私たちのシステムを批判し、批評するような、端っこのほうにあるものを超えようとする意欲があるのです。私たちはもっと大きなことを考えることができるのです。
私たちは、他の人が言わないようなことを進んで言い、もっと正直になることを望んでいるのです。人々はそれによく反応する。
Q:もっと違ったやり方があったのではと思うことは?
A:私は政策サイドと学術サイドの間で考えているのですが、残念なことの一つは、学術的な、より広いケインズ後のビジョンが、何らかの理由で敵対的になり始めたことです。コミュニティがひとつにまとまっていればよかったのですが。
Q: MMTはパラダイムです。「お金とは何か」という一つの大きな問いを立てるのです。そしてそれは、あらゆる種類の異なるものへとあなたを導きます。MMTのパラダイムには、これまであまり注目されてこなかった要素や側面があるのでしょうか。
A: 我々は常に、金融操作に対する優れた理解を示すことが大きな強みの一つであると感じており、それを一般大衆の前に示すことは非常に難しい。
ステファニー:私はいつも、学生を優先するようにしています。雇用保証やMMTに関する論文を書いている学生には、いつも時間を割いています。
私は聖歌隊に説教することには興味がなく、超友好的な集団の中に入っていくような講演の機会は探さない。私は、聴衆が事実上すべてに反対しているようなライオンの巣に入るのが好きなのです。
ステファニーから
ネイサンタンクス
と彼の仕事にエールを送ります
Q: さまざまな人に、さまざまなことを伝えるための秘訣はありますか?
A: 私は進歩的な人間であり、それを誇りにしています。しかし、私は何も隠そうとしませんし、パンチを食らわせようともしません。
シカゴからウェストバージニアまで飛んだが、一言も言葉を変えなかった。組合グループと自動車会社の役員を前にして、聴衆は違えど、私は同じ話をし、同じ歓迎を受けました。
最終的な目標がある以上、最終地点に到達するためには、他のいくつかの動作を通過しなければならないのです。私は、このイエスが私にどのように役立つかを考えずに、グループにイエスと言うのです。
モズラーは
インフレについて議論させたら、もう勝ちだ」とよく言っていました。そして今、政府がx,y,zをする余裕がないという議論に反撃する人を見つけるのは難しい。
マスコミが好むのは、発言してくれる人がいること、そして、自分がいかに賢いかを常に皆に見せびらかそうとしない方法で発言できることだと思うのです。
@wbmosler
used to say - once you’ve got them arguing about inflation, you’ve already won. And now you’re hard pressed to find someone who will push back on the argument that the government can’t afford to do x,y,z.
I think that what the press likes is availability - knowing there’s someone out there willing to speak, and to be able to speak in a way that isn’t trying to show everyone how smart you are all the time.
The success that I’ve had, a lot of it is down to style of communication. Being willing to challenge yourself to write for a broad audience - it’s much harder to do that.
We often talk about what is MMT - it’s a set of principles, it’s a framework, and it’s also a group of people. What is the community we’re trying to build?
MMT Conference
@mmtconference
·
6時間
Q: do you see ways in which the MMT community can have a sense of values? Are there ways in which you see this community having a coherence in its values?
A: MMT is so big now. Even within the tighter MMT community, there are people who make decisions that put me off but we overlap 95% of the way, but there are value differences in how we treat different members of the community. There’s no MMT code of conduct, we have differences
Q: do you think there’s a different set of concerns now, even compared to a few years ago, when it comes to jobs guarantee advocacy?
A: it doesn’t require a pivot, most people think that what we have at the moment is a tight labor market - that’s what most economists, political pundits, etc. see.
MMT Conference
@mmtconference
·
6時間
I call it the “money cannon”, you want to get cash into peoples hands and then you draw the line somewhere. That itself is an opening that keeps the JG as an alternative to have a response to a slowing economy, that’s targeted and doesn’t rely on an act of Congress.
MMT Conference
@mmtconference
·
6時間
If you can have the JG debated in that context of how do we want to fortify things going forward, and what kind of policy response do we want to when the next downturn happens?
MMT Conference
@mmtconference
·
5時間
Q: the topic of this talk was where do we go from here - where would you like to see MMT go from here?
MMT Conference
@mmtconference
·
5時間
A: the big win for me is meaningful action on climate. What else is there that’s bigger than that? We’re so far from where I would like to see us, to the students - we have a lot of work to do.
MMT Conference
@mmtconference
·
5時間
@andresintheory
is a tireless force of nature, working with candidates. He has been working with candidates and getting them MMT informed, we need to see a bigger coalition of people in congress who can think differently.
MMT Conference
@mmtconference
·
5時間
I hope that this bout of inflation doesn’t lead to two steps back after two steps forward. We just have to keep pushing.
MMT Conference
@mmtconference
·
5時間
And that wraps it up! Thank you SO much to
@rohangrey
and
@StephanieKelton
for this amazing convo. Recordings will be posted on our YouTube channel soon!
その他のツイート
-
6時間
@wbmosler
インフレについて議論させたら、もう勝ちだ」とよく言っていた。そして今、政府がx,y,zをする余裕がないという議論に反撃する人を見つけるのは難しい。
-
報道陣が好むのは可用性だと思います。喜んで話す人がいることを知り、自分がいかに賢いかを皆に見せようとしない方法で話すことができることです。
私が得た成功の多くは、コミュニケーションのスタイルに起因しています。幅広い読者に向けて書くことに挑戦すること、それはとても難しいことなのです。
-
6時間
私たちはよくMMTとは何かという話をします。それは一連の原則であり、フレームワークであり、また人々のグループでもあります。私たちが築こうとしているコミュニティとは何なのでしょうか?
MMTカンファレンス
@mmtconference
-
6時間
Q: MMTコミュニティが価値観を持つことができる方法はありますか?このコミュニティが価値観に一貫性を持たせる方法はありますか?
MMTカンファレンス
-
6時間
A: MMTは今とても大きい。タイトなMMTコミュニティの中でも、僕を遠ざけるような判断をする人はいるけど、95%は重なるけど、異なるメンバーへの接し方には価値観の違いがある。MMTの行動規範があるわけではなく、違いがあるのです。
MMTカンファレンス
-
6時間
Q: 雇用保証の擁護に関して、数年前と比べても、今は違う懸念があると思いますか?
-
6時間
A: ピボットは必要ない。ほとんどの人は、現在あるのはタイトな労働市場だと思っている。
-
6時間
私はこれを「マネーキャノン」と呼んでいます。現金を人々の手に渡したいのに、どこかで線引きをしている。それ自体が、JGを経済の減速に対応するための代替案として、的を射た、議会法に依存しない選択肢として保持する隙なのです。
MMTカンファレンス
MMTconference
-
6時間
今後どのように固めていきたいのか、次の不況が起こったときにどのような政策対応をしたいのか、その文脈でJGを議論してもらえれば。
-
5時間
Q: 今回の講演のテーマは、Where do we go from here - MMTがこれからどうなっていくのか?
MMTカンファレンス
@mmtconference
-
5時間
A: 私にとって大きな勝利は、気候に関する意味のある行動です。それよりも大きなことが他にあるでしょうか?私たちは、私が見たいところからとても遠いところにいるのです、学生たちにとって。
MMTカンファレンス
-
5時間
は、候補者たちと協力して、疲れを知らない力を持っている。 彼は候補者と協力してMMTの情報を得ている、違う考え方ができる人たちの大きな連合を議会で見る必要がある。
-
5時間
このインフレの一撃が、二歩進んで二歩下がるということにならないことを祈る。私たちは押し続けるしかない。
-
5時間
そして、これで終了です ありがとうございました。
ロハングリー
そして
StephanieKelton
ありがとうございました。録音は近日中にYouTubeチャンネルで公開します。


0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿