2023年7月6日木曜日

Isabella M. WeberさんのツイートWeber ≠ Greedflation 2023/07/06


Isabella M. WeberさんのツイートWeber ≠ Greedflation 2023/07/06 


イザベラ・M・ウェーバー
イザベラ・MW・ウェーバー


文字通り、すべてのインタビューに登場する私:

ウェーバー≠グリードフレーション: 私の考えでは、インフレの再来は突然の貪欲さの急上昇のことではありません。

まずはこちらから: CNN、BLOOMBERG、CNBC、LBC。 pic.twitter.com/rAc85kvBDh
 
2023/07/06 7:28
 
 
https://twitter.com/isabellamweber/status/1676719810523152386?s=61

M:
could we start off by explaining in as plain terms as possible what green inflation is?
W:
sure I have actually been using the term sellers inflation rather than great inflation yeah so to be sure I'm not using the term greatflation because I feel like it leads to a misunderstanding where we think that um there might have been some sudden jump in greed which I don't think is what we have seen I'm using the term sellers inflation instead Professor Weber you think it is some uh some corporate profits uh being the culprit here why yes I think corporate profits have played an important role I wouldn't project that on a sudden increase in corporate greed because the role of profits is always um sorry the goal of firms is always to pursue profits but what we have seen is that these massive cost shocks have coordinated price hikes the bottlenecks have presented an opportunity to increase prices and that also consumers have been more willing to pay these higher prices as in the context of the emergencies of war and pandemic it seemed natural that prices would be going up so they were more accepting of price increases than many would have thought.
C:
 maybe just a step back for a second talk to us about what sellers inflation this is the term that you use actually is and how maybe it differs to traditional conceptions of greed inflation because this is one reason I remember when we were writing that piece Joe this is one reason why I wanted to call it something other than greed flation because it's not like everyone woke up in March 2020 and suddenly decided to become more greedy which is a common critique of like that yeah right.

W:
 yeah and quite frankly I think that everybody agrees on that like no one is saying that there has been this sudden greedy impulse where firm leaders just became more gritty than they used to be right that is just not a good theory.

M:
まず、グリーンインフレとは何かということを、できるだけわかりやすく説明していただけますか?
W:
そうですね、念のために言っておきますが、私はグレート・インフレという言葉を使っていません。グレート・インフレという言葉を使うと、欲が急に高まったという誤解を招くような気がするからです。しかし、私たちが見てきたのは、このような大規模なコスト・ショックが価格上昇を調整し、ボトルネックが価格上昇の機会をもたらしたということです。また、戦争やパンデミックという非常事態の中で、消費者は価格上昇をより喜んで受け入れました。
C:
そうですね、ちょっと一歩引いて、セラーズ・インフレとはどういうものなのか、あなたが使っているセラーズ・インフレという言葉は実際どういうものなのか、また、それが従来の強欲インフレの概念とどう違うのかについて話してください。

W:
そうですね。率直に言って、この点については誰もが同意していると思う。誰も、突然貪欲な衝動に駆られて、会社のリーダーが以前よりも気骨のある人間になったとは言っていません。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿